• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crusher Beware 12/09/14

Bostonian

Man kills me that I am in work today since it looks like K, Wildcat and Cannon came out pretty well... I will be skiing somewhere sunday (most likely my home hill though). Man that weather yesterday though was depressing down here in the flatlands.

Bumpsis

Cannon is reporting only 6 inches and the upper mountain trails are not in play. Sounds like VT areas got much more from this.

lstone84

Stayed all snow at stupid Whiteface but only 5-7". Fuck this stupid mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Stayed all now at stupid Whiteface but only 5-7". Fuck this stupid mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Haha.

In other news, 2" at Elk, supposed to get another 1-3" throughout the day, which may be low if it keeps snowing like it is now.

Attachments

• 1418225702511.jpg
    1418225702511.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 90

Edd

I'm at Wildcat. Their claims are legit. Only problem: this concrete snow is owning me. I'm using a pair of K2 Hardsides which aren't the best or worst powder tool. Tips dive even at speed and I can't buy a turn. Haven't felt this helpless on skis in years.

BenedictGomez

Cannon is reporting only 6 inches and the upper mountain trails are not in play. Sounds like VT areas got much more from this.

You could tell last night looking at the radar that quite a bit of New Hampshire was going to get screwed out of the higher estimates that were tossed about.

Stayed all snow at stupid Whiteface but only 5-7". Fuck this stupid mountain.

A) Is the F-word really necessary on a public forum?

B) It's not Whiteface's fault that you're completely unaware of the timing/duration of this storm. They're going to pick up a lot of snow through tomorrow.

Last edited:

yeggous

I know. It was that bad.

That is why I decided to work today. I drove up this morning and looked at the mountain and turned around. It was freezing rain and that snow looked punishing. I am hoping it turns back over to drier snow overnight and tomorrow will be amazing.

Savemeasammy

I'm at Wildcat. Their claims are legit. Only problem: this concrete snow is owning me. I'm using a pair of K2 Hardsides which aren't the best or worst powder tool. Tips dive even at speed and I can't buy a turn. Haven't felt this helpless on skis in years.

Some of us appreciate those of you out there who are packing this snow down for us. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk