• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crusher Beware 12/09/14

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I'm going to Elk Wed regardless of what happens. Free voucher that I need to use makes the decision easy.

I'll be by myself, so if anyone is planning on being there, give a shout.

BenedictGomez

Not true. Bretton Woods has an excellent firm base already. I was in the ungroomed and glades all day on Sunday without a problem. Cover is good enough that I am going to be taking out the news skis for this storm. Throw a foot on powder on top and it would be amazing.

You shouldn't get anything that even resembles powder.

If what you say above is true and the conditions are already fantastic, I would have to imagine this may even short-term "hurt" the ski experience, but will long-term be very beneficial.

xwhaler

What is the timing of this coming up through NJ, NY, CT? I'm driving down to western NJ tonight (Lambertville) for work rolling in around 9pm and hopeful that the storm has not yet started.
Would make a long drive even worse

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
where ya guys thinking now/ I might be due for a sick day. so far this year has started slow but i'm ready to get after it.

fishrising

Had a day off already planned, heading up to Stratton tonight for tomorrow. Couldn't make any other day work this week...Wednesday is sounding like THE day though...

Farleyman

Ski the east snow cast will be up tonight if you follow them on Facebook. TK knows his stuff

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

lstone84

Ski the east snow cast will be up tonight if you follow them on Facebook. TK knows his stuff

for a meteorologist i find his ski/snowboard forecasts to be so so, other ski/board forecasters did a much better job last year

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
for a meteorologist i find his ski/snowboard forecasts to be so so, other ski/board forecasters did a much better job last year

To be honest, his snowcasts are too "Bro" for me. That, and he's super optimistic. If all his forecasts came true, New England would get as much snow as Utah.

Farleyman

who else does snowcast? He's the only one I've seen on Facebook. Haven't really looked else where tho

xwhaler

Work in Lambertville? What are you an antiques dealer?
Haha no, I work in Supply Chain management. Software company we work with hosts training sessions there on occasion given the folks who run it are somewhat local to the area.
I've heard Lambertville is a decent little town

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
This is a lot more conservative than most forecast I've seen. I have a sneaking suspicion this is a closer to the final product the 12+ maps.
http://www.weathernj.com/dec-8-buckle-up-jersey/

snowmapDec9-11.jpg

wildcardsnowmapDec9-11.jpg

catsup948

where ya guys thinking now/ I might be due for a sick day. so far this year has started slow but i'm ready to get after it.

Adirondacks do fine. The big snows will be from central vermont northeast to northern maine. Saddleback could get destroyed with feet of snow by their opening day