• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crusher Beware 12/09/14

BenedictGomez

I've heard Lambertville is a decent little town

It was nicer years ago.

Its well-known for antiquing (some great shops), but now it's turned very "artsy", with little hipster boutiques, overrated pricey restaurants, and for reasons unbeknownst to me, a growing population of illegal aliens. Basically what happened is New Hope spilled over the river and it's turning into mini San Francisco. Great if you're into that sort of thing, but as someone born/raised in Hunterdon County, I appreciate and prefer our sleepiness. That part of NJ is beautiful though with rolling hills, horse breeders, and farmland galore should you get out and explore.

EDIT:

Or if you're into history, it's right where Washington crossed the Delaware to attack the Germans.

http://www.washingtoncrossingpark.org/

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

10461429_786124521434808_5378171510476543885_n.jpg

BenedictGomez

And this is why I like Joe Cioffi. Rare will you find a met this honest. Usually they take a stab and "hope" it pans out if they're not confident.

I have to be honest folks and I know my fellow forecasters would agree. I have never seen model volatility this close to an event as I have with this one. One thing is for sure though. Later tonight and tomorrow it is rain and wind for the coast. The rain snow line will be in Eastern Pennsylvania somewhere and north of 84 in New York State. Tomorrow night and Wednesday I have no clue as to whether there will or won't be a changeover. As far as big amounts where it is supposedly cold enough...confidence on this is very low...almost to the floor at zero. It's time to look out the window.

Just arrived in Hunter, 28 and snowing lightly, some freezing mist as well. Bring it on!

Tin

To be honest, his snowcasts are too "Bro" for me. That, and he's super optimistic. If all his forecasts came true, New England would get as much snow as Utah.

You hit the nail on the head. "20-35" with someone getting 40", I laughed.

ScottySkis

Any where from lots of rain to 2 feet of snow and crazy azs winds today commute in should be fun. Be careful all enjoy snow platty powder maybe should be great base in the woood s at all 4 Catskills area s 2009? Five feet again in 3 days maybe say yes please.

catsup948

Yeah tim kelley is way to amped up now. He is getting paid to bring skiers to northern vermont. This thing is a bust for a lot of locations. Warmth may overrun up to the Canadian border. Rain for everyone except maybe western maine alps!

hammer

The worst part of this storm right now for points north of Boston is the icy drizzle. Had a feeling this would be an issue, it was quite cold yesterday (for early December) and it's taking longer for the cold air at the surface to warm up. I managed to get a slow jog in this morning but the black ice on any paved surface was treacherous, did fall once. Think it will be worse before the rain comes.

Not a good storm for snowsports but we have plenty of winter left...

catsup948

Silver lining may be Thursday for some decent snow as an upper level low sticks around and cold works back in! Northern Vermont could greatly benefit from this.

BenedictGomez

Chatter among mets is that this storm has definite bust potential in terms of the higher totals folks were throwing about. Short-range models (below) arent exactly showing snowmageddon. Hopefully the Cats can get 6" to 8" out of this rather than 12" or more.

10850294_10154924723920387_2537754825684921165_n.png

Cornhead

I'm a descendant of one of those no good, anti American Hessians! So I've heard, Conrad, sounds German to me. Should I join ISIL to carry on the anti American family tradition?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2