• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crusher Beware 12/09/14

BenedictGomez

Please take note that the Poconos is getting absolutely screwed as usual!

So much for the 8" to 12", not even gonna' be remotely close.

BenedictGomez

Looking at the radar now... Albany might be the new Buffalo.

It looks even further west than that. Shift everything we've seen/heard about this storm...... west.

Looks like central NYS will get the biggest snows now rather than central VT. Gore and Whiteface still look good too. Also, if you pretend to advance the radar motion forward, doesn't it look like some parts of NH are going to get screwed (compared to what we were thinking I mean)?

BenedictGomez

Hunter claims they already have 7".

Can anyone who lives up there and doesnt work in the marketing department of a Catskills area ski resort verify this?

BenedictGomez

Current radar. See what I'm thinking about New Hampshire?

If you imagine that picture going forward in time, it just seems like they're going to be victimized by several hours of dry-slotting and/or light snow.

northeast_loop.gif

yeggous

Current radar. See what I'm thinking about New Hampshire?

If you imagine that picture going forward in time, it just seems like they're going to be victimized by several hours of dry-slotting and/or light snow.

northeast_loop.gif

I can vouch that it is pouring rain in North Conway. I'd welcome a dry slot right about now. The base depths and cover were already excellent before the storm. Now I just want to keep it that way.

BenedictGomez

Take one look at the live cam! Its been nuking for about 4 hours now! It snowed all day as well.

That's awesome. I've seen a few local pictures posted from n.e. Delaware County (not far from Platty) which claim they have 6" down.

EDIT: Platty's webcam. Looks pretty good.

image1.jpg

lstone84

They lowered totals for the ADS. Critical point, stopped in Albany. West to Catskills, north to ADS, or S greens? Weather smart people heeeeelp

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

wtcobb

Currently dumping soft snow in Sugar Hill. Was a bit wetter down in Franconia proper, but I hope it's the same consistency as here up on Cannon. Light and puffy but dense enough to stay stable.

Look for a hellacious thump of snow on the front end at first, then a dry slot with rain showers to moisten up the pack. After we get slotted, back edge snows should race back in as the storm pivots back around.

That's my interpretation.

Looks like this is holding up well.