• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crusher Beware 12/09/14

cbackman

I like this early snowfall estimate

Attachments

• 1417870026916.jpg
    1417870026916.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 225

Savemeasammy

Nice. I will ignore all other snowfall prediction maps for this storm. Unless, of course, they are more optimistic than this one.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

catsup948

I want a more eastern track. Even more than the current GFS. I'd selfishly take another foot of snow here. Right now it seems nne gets destroyed with feet of snow.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
On a side note, it's important to note that this storm has all the makings for a very significant Catskills snowfall. In either scenario it would appear that the higher terrain of the Catskills may be measuring snow in feet.
Please visit the website for even more details into this storm potential, including some model images. We will be updating frequently as more information becomes available. Have a great day and stay dry!
www.hudsonvalleyweather.com

Sure 2 days before I go see the Big Rat in Florida.....Gotta keep the Wife Happy!

The EURO stalls the storm out south of LI on Tuesday, makes it do a little loop and weaken, then swings a piece of energy around the trough and forms a new storm that bombs out over the Gulf of Maine Wednesday night, and the snow doesn't stop once for the duration!

In short, 3-4 inches of QPF for the mountains... you do the math for snowfall:thumbup: (This isn't eve including the potential upslope event in the wake of the storm!)

Absolute firehose of moisture for the ski areas, but North is best with this one as mixing issues will be in play for southern/central areas.

Tin

Haven't seen them...pulling it further south I'm assuming? I'll take a little further south due to the possibility of above freezing temps I've seen on Tuesday and ice for ski country.

BenedictGomez

Twice now in the last few days Bastardi has called this storm a "skiers dream" for the path it will take (almost everyone's a winner, even the Poconos) and the snow it should lay down.

From a selfish standpoint, the NAM has come in way colder, and we're in the time range when it might be safe to look at that model. If this were to happen it would even lay down snow all the way down here.

10177285_10154915013195387_8135211587650431093_n.png

BenedictGomez

Here's a cool graphic from a met down in Baltimore showing how there's great uncertainty not just with the event, but even the timing.

Tues-Model-Contrast.png

4aprice

JB just invoked the ghost of the December, 1992 Naweasta. Very memorable storm for me. Storm stalled, pounded the Jersey Shore (Huge waves at Seagirt seawall) and City with rain. We got 2 days of a winter mix then snow in NWNJ. Poconos got much the same, meanwhile the Catskills got hammered with 3+feet of snow. Went to Belleayre after that storm and had one of my best pre Christmas days ever. Skiing down the old T-Bar lift line in knee deep is vivid.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

catsup948

Didn't that 2/25/10 storm drop 3 feet on western maine mountains? This thing is garbage for down here. We may get 6 inches of slop here.