• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/21 Storm Speculation

greenmonsterhungery

Way too early to tell a week away. The Euro has been good with storms this year (and it's just the best medium range model in general), so when it shows a big storm, even a week out, it's worth careful watching. This is in no way a slam dunk, but the Euro showing a big storm is better than it showing nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Are you busy later tonight?

skiberg

Posted today by Joel Gratz @ OpenSnow

"right around Christmas day(plus or minus a day), the eastern two thirds of the country should return tocold air and snow. This means that the period between Christmas and New Yearsshould offer higher chances for cold air and powder days in the Rockies,including Colorado andUtah,and east toward New England."

catsup948

This baby is worth tracking this far out. Miller A. Miller A's are great for interior southern new england. Often a miss for nne and Rainer for the coastal plain.

Tin

This baby is worth tracking this far out. Miller A. Miller A's are great for interior southern new england. Often a miss for nne and Rainer for the coastal plain.

Wouldn't mind trying out the new quad at Berkshire East if this thing comes around. Driving up to K last week that area of Mass seemed to get some snow out of the deal, is there any left?

BenedictGomez

Good NW trend today. The EURO bucks the idea of a undercutter and brings back the storm.

Meh, I don't see that at all. I look at that trend and hope it's not OTS in a few days.

If anything, this looks better for the places in eastern New England where the mountains arent. As long as it doesnt KEEP this up it will be fine, but this trend this early might not be good.

catsup948

Wouldn't mind trying out the new quad at Berkshire East if this thing comes around. Driving up to K last week that area of Mass seemed to get some snow out of the deal, is there any left?

Berkshire East got hammered with almost 2 inches of rain. There are patches or natural snow on the mountain. They haven't been able to make a lot of snow either. Hopefully they will be able to fire up the guns end of the week.

Tin

Berkshire East got hammered with almost 2 inches of rain. There are patches or natural snow on the mountain. They haven't been able to make a lot of snow either. Hopefully they will be able to fire up the guns end of the week.

Wow. Driving up last Wednesday it was interesting to see the difference between Springfield and the VT/Mass line. No snow versus 4-5". Figured they would have a but. Was also really snowing on the drive back and thought they were forecasted to get 3-6" that night.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
attachment.php

Attachments

• ensecm_nnn6h_st_NH_CONCORD.png
    ensecm_nnn6h_st_NH_CONCORD.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 232

catsup948

Northern New England will continue to get destroyed even as the pattern changes. Southern New England may not have enough cold to support snow until after Christmas. Last storm was real ugly down here.

If this storm doesn't pan out, I blame lstone for really dropping the ball on the creation of this thread :lol: Just posting a 200+ hour model run with little support kills all the Juju magic and Smoke and Mirrors that is required to get a storm up here :flame:

lstone84

Haha I knew you guys would like that

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

Meh, I don't see that at all. I look at that trend and hope it's not OTS in a few days.

Sadly it looks like I was unfortunately right. This thing is falling apart. Not shocking given how far out we are. Needs to "reappear" on the models by 00z or it's game, set, match.

If this storm doesn't pan out, I blame lstone for really dropping the ball on the creation of this thread. Just posting a 200+ hour model run with little support kills all the Juju magic and Smoke and Mirrors that is required to get a storm up here

Which is precisely why nobody here creates "storm threads" for events that are 168, 182, 206 hours out, etc....., because it's meteorologically dumb. There's a long-range 2014/15 thread for a reason.