• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

North Conway Restaurants

Edd

I've been let down at Horsefeathers a bunch. Location is top shelf and they know it, just average food IMO.

Yeah, I think their food is weak, too.

I believe delaneys does a happy our for apps, they have great wings

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Delaney's is pretty good, IMO. They punch above their weight. Beer selection above average, too.

kickstand

No love for Tuckerman's Tavern or the Red Fox? Moat is our usual place, but Tucks and the Fox are the others we rotate in. We did hit the Parka last time we were up, though, just for a change. It's getting expensive. If you're looking for brews and apps, it's fine, but skip it for dinner.

yeggous

What's good for apres-apres / nightlife bars in North Conway?

The Red Parka Pub is the only game in town. The vast majority of the après and night life is focused around the ski clubs. Contact a club about being their guest or join ACE if you are interested.

Edit: or PM me for details

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Handbanana

The Red Parka Pub is the only game in town. The vast majority of the après and night life is focused around the ski clubs. Contact a club about being their guest or join ACE if you are interested.

What does joining ACE gain you? i didn't think they have a house.

Brad J

Wildcat Tavern in Jackson had a after ski hour, quieter than Red Parker. not sure if they are still doing it.

soulseller

What nighttime wonders does one of these clubs unlock? I have visions of Eyes Wide Shut...

Edd

No love for Tuckerman's Tavern or the Red Fox? Moat is our usual place, but Tucks and the Fox are the others we rotate in. We did hit the Parka last time we were up, though, just for a change. It's getting expensive. If you're looking for brews and apps, it's fine, but skip it for dinner.

I agree with you about the Red Fox. It does feel like a chain when you walk in but their food and drinks are solid.

I haven't been to Tucks in maybe 3 seasons but their beer selection used to be the best in the valley. My girlfriend used to live like a quarter mile away so we went a lot more.

puckoach

Have been to the Scarecrow during the summer, certainly acceptable.

Why not stay at Bretton Woods MT Wash Hotel? Good combo deal with stay and ski.

xwhaler

Peaches does a good breakfast starting early, 5am maybe? Used to go there before we did our annual Mt Washington winter summit hike. Was nice because they were one of the only non fast food places open that early.

yeggous

What nighttime wonders does one of these clubs unlock? I have visions of Eyes Wide Shut...

Joining ACE gets you an EICSL ID which allows you to attend EICSL events. As for nighttime wonders, the first rule of fight club applies when discussing online. Find me on the slopes and I'm happy to share.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

hrstrat57

Red Parka Pub

They used to sell real cool long sleeve blue tees with the Red Parka logo front and back too a must have if still avail....

canobie#1

Wildcat Tavern, Thomson House Eatery, Christmas Tree Inn, Horsefeathers, Stonehearst .....All excellent.

Edd

Wildcat Tavern, Thomson House Eatery, Christmas Tree Inn, Horsefeathers, Stonehearst .....All excellent.

Thompson House closed some time ago. Quite a place but a bit advanced for my culinary sensibilities. I did enjoy going there.

soposkier

Wentworth inn in Jackson for apres ski fondue. Did a weekend stay there, didnt find the main dining room dinner to be worth the price, but the fondue in the bar was great.

canobie#1

I forogt T.H.E kicked the bucket. I was even there the last week of business. Damn shame, that place was prob the best in the MWV. I was reading somewhere a while back that one of the younger family members was looking to revive the place. I sure hope so because that place was amazing.