• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 01.03.15

The Sneak

The Weather:
Cloudy
Flat light
20 F or so,

The Snow:
Hardpack
Boilerplate
LSGR

Arrived at 8 and the upper lot was filling up fast. Booted up at the car and bought a discounted lift ticket upon showing my Silver pass ( not valid on weekend days during peak season).

Lapped everything that was open 3 or 4x each and by 11 even the singles line had quite a wait. What's odd is that only Conifer was typical human pinball skiing - 10th was mostly a ghost town. Smith Walton had racer training on the left side and they were taking up the entire width of lower Smith (needlessly IMO). Too bad BC lower Smith was getting wind blown fresh snow from the Vickery Bowl snowmaking and skied amazingly compared to most else.

Conifer was in the toughest shape.
Here's how the lifelines looked by 10:30 or 11:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420315317.746708.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VTKilarney

Holy cow! That is one heck of a lift line! Part of the problem is probably that people know that tomorrow will not be a good day.

xlr8r

Holy cow! That is one heck of a lift line! Part of the problem is probably that people know that tomorrow will not be a good day.

It looks average for Wawa IMO, I saw and stood in longer lines at both Stratton and Okemo these last couple days.

wa-loaf

Skied tonight and it was great. Lines were short, they've made a ton of snow this week. Things didn't look that great on Monday. Got 3-4" in the evening. Was turning to sleet as we left around 9. Hit the window just right.