• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR from Big Jay on Sat.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I visited the part of Jay right where your "Start" sign is yesterday, but not intentionally :lol:

603Skier

Totally awesome! Man ol man I wish I had touring gear. When my boy is off to collage I'm investing in a complete bc tour set. Can't wait.

MadMadWorld

Ha! Get a little carried away in Timbuktu?

I visited the part of Jay right where your "Start" sign is yesterday, but not intentionally :lol:

Found some soft snow. Thought we stayed high enough to traverse back, but miscalculated. Ended up at the road, walked for ten until someone picked us up.

Fail on my part. I forgot how easy it is to miss that traverse! Thank god for a nice Montrealer.

fbrissette

we stayed high enough to traverse back, but miscalculated. Ended up at the road, walked for ten until someone picked us up.

??? If you were high enough to traverse back how did you end up on the road ?

Skied down there on Sunday. There is enough snow to ski down to the road, but not enough for it to be real fun yet.

MadMadWorld

??? If you were high enough to traverse back how did you end up on the road ?

Skied down there on Sunday. There is enough snow to ski down to the road, but not enough for it to be real fun yet.

I would disagree. I would say there was plenty of snow in there with some decent stashes. Aside from some mild bushwhacking at the end (my own fault) it was a lot of fun.

loki357

I plan on giving it another shot on sat or Sunday. the couple turns I did get were good. With the new snow, odds are decent that it's better.

fbrissette

I would disagree. I would say there was plenty of snow in there with some decent stashes. Aside from some mild bushwhacking at the end (my own fault) it was a lot of fun.

It was definitely OK. Much better than goat for sure... Too many twigs and partly buried branches to really go all out. Soon.