• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 1/13/15

rocks860

Conditions: powder, groomed, scratchy

Runs:12

Conditions were phenomenal today. Snowed all day yesterday and they ended up with about 6 or 7 inches total. Also it was practically empty, never had more than one or two other people on a trail with me. Started out going up gatehouse and then up north Lynx. Took sunrise for my first run and it was by far the rest of the day. They had groomed out all the bumps on the trail on Saturday or Sunday so this run was 100% fresh pow with no real icy spots to speak of and was an absolute blast to ski. Skied this a few more times then ventured over to bravo and heavens gate. Decided to test my luck on paradise and was blown away. Between the snow yesterday and all the snow they had been blowing on ripcord there was a ton of snow. There was the occasional rock or ice patch but that's to be expected on paradise. Took another run up heavens gate and all the way down jester to snowball. Was nice and smooth and they didn't groom snowball so there was a lot of nice new snow. After lunch hit up lower organ grinder and murphy's glade (lots of snow but over some serious ice) but it was too cold over there so I went back to north Lynx and skied birch run and sunrise a few more times. Birch was surprisingly good with a nice mix of groomed and ungroomed. Sunrise was still great although a bit skied of but still plenty of powder to be found. All in all one of the best days I've had in recent memory. What a difference 6 inches of snow makes!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421179391.710075.jpg
Sunrise in the morning

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421179409.978177.jpg
Paradise

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421179426.237654.jpg
Emptiness

rocks860

Nice pics. Good hit! And I'm sitting here at work...........................
How were the temps?

Very cold but not unbearable, there was no wind so that definitely helped

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dlague

Was there over the weekend and things were in decent shape. Lower Organgrinder was pretty good on Saturday until later in the day. Never got to Paradise but that looked good. Saturday there was some new snow on a crusty surface on Sunrise. Sunrise was groomed out overnight into Sunday and skied well after that.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Heady Topper posts a delivery schedule on their website. It sells out fast, but I'm almost always able to find some when I head up there.

rocks860

There's a Mobil right in the center of town, got the topper there on Saturday and Monday and the Lawson's today

rocks860

Couple from today. It was snowing like mad from 8ish until around 11, probly 3 inches or so of snow. Not as good as tuesday but still a great day.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421434954.526615.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421435000.860767.jpg