Crotched Saturday 1/17/15

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Crotched Saturday 1/17/15

    I was chaperoning a skiing group of 6-8 graders for my town. Bluebird skis with temps topping out @ 17 very light breeze occasionally. The mountain is 100% open with fast groomed packed powder conditions. The day started with a few areas of glacial ice center trail, Pluto's Plunge in particular towards the top and Juniper on the steep drop in.



    There was very few people on the mountain with a max of 5 minutes to get on the Rocket and near ski on all the other lifts. Even in the lodge area there were tables to eat at during the lunch rush.

    It was a great day and the kids really enjoyed themselves and so did I. I will definitely be bringing my kids back this season and many more.

    I didn't take many pics as it was cold as a witch's left breast!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

  2. #2
    Definitely not the same conditions today! Skied from 10-1 and by then I was pretty damp. Snow was nice, one set of glades was skiing ok, and it was the place to be when the fog got thick.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    Definitely not the same conditions today! Skied from 10-1 and by then I was pretty damp. Snow was nice, one set of glades was skiing ok, and it was the place to be when the fog got thick.
    I skied from 9 to about 1:30 and thought that conditions were excellent. It was raining pretty hard when I quit. I found three sets of glades that were well covered and skiing very nicely. Which one did you find OK?

  4. #4
    I'm not sure who's pics those are but they ain't mine!!!
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

  5. #5
    Here is one of mine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

  6. #6
    Nope not mine either! Got gremlins in the system Nick.
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua segal View Post
    I skied from 9 to about 1:30 and thought that conditions were excellent. It was raining pretty hard when I quit. I found three sets of glades that were well covered and skiing very nicely. Which one did you find OK?
    Enchanted Forest.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    Enchanted Forest.
    Hard to say how things will change as a result of the monsoon, but Solstice Glade (the part that used t be called the Fortress Glade) and Final Frontier with all its bits and pieces was also skiing well. And there are times one sees postings from people with whom we were skiing and did not know their AZ alias!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua segal View Post
    Hard to say how things will change as a result of the monsoon, but Solstice Glade (the part that used t be called the Fortress Glade) and Final Frontier with all its bits and pieces was also skiing well. And there are times one sees postings from people with whom we were skiing and did not know their AZ alias!
    Funny part is that I believe that we've each posted about runs that we did together, without knowing it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua segal View Post
    Hard to say how things will change as a result of the monsoon, but Solstice Glade (the part that used t be called the Fortress Glade) and Final Frontier with all its bits and pieces was also skiing well. And there are times one sees postings from people with whom we were skiing and did not know their AZ alias!
    I also was there and found Solstice and Final Frontier to be skiing well... could you help a guy out with "enchanted forest", don't have that on my map??? Also found some short but nice stretches of soft snow skiers' right on Jupiter, and under the Park lift. Crotched is becoming my go-to place when the weather is being difficult.
    -----------------------------------
    insert non-sequitur here

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:28 PM.