• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Colorado January 5---9 #2

mishka

my trip reported that lost luckily it was saved elsewhere otherwise not sure if I would do it again
My first trip out West. Skied at Copper Mountain, Winter Park, Loveland.

My gratitude and appreciation to skiNEwhere. Without his involvement this trip wouldn't happen or at least at this time. Thank you for sticking with me.
Close but no cigar. No pow day. Five days of skiing on ungroomed trail in search of untracked snow

Monday Copper mountain.
Flight into Denver at midnight had only couple hours to sleep before lift start spinning. Strangely I remember very little of this day except for first time ever skiing in the bowl.

Tuesday and Thursday Winter Park.
Main highlight of Winter Park for me moguls and glades.
Mary Jane.... I think place which every mogul skier should make pilgrimage to. Glades at Eagle wind
remind me of J.

Wednesday and Friday Loveland.
Highlight for Loveland high alpine open terrain. Skiing from chair number nine number four and number eight. On Wednesday snow of chair number nine was windblown but very soft by Friday become more all hard pack and not as enjoyable. By far the best conditions I've found I'm the chair eight with almost no wind and very soft windblown crust over pow from last week storm. That's where I spend all my time on Friday making first tracks every run. Not the fresh pow but this is as close I can get to it.

pics will follow

mishka

Copper

Attachments

• copper1.jpg
    copper1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 58
  • copper2.jpg
    copper2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 58
  • copper11.jpg
    copper11.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 54
  • copper12.jpg
    copper12.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 58

mishka

Winter Park.

I didn't notice at the time but have lots more pictures of skiing at Winter Park

Attachments

• WP24.jpg
    WP24.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 60
  • WP4.jpg
    WP4.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 56
  • WP3.jpg
    WP3.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 58
  • WP7.jpg
    WP7.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 58
  • WP43.jpg
    WP43.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 60

mishka

more of Winter Park and R & D meetings:thumbup:

Attachments

• WP21.jpg
    WP21.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 54
  • WP44.jpg
    WP44.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 59
  • WP28.jpg
    WP28.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 59
  • WP31.jpg
    WP31.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 59

mishka

Loveland

Attachments

• LL2.jpg
    LL2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 59
  • LL3.jpg
    LL3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 53
  • LL6.jpg
    LL6.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 53

Cornhead

Hey, those last two pics are my Snow Ridge pics, how'd they get in your Loveland post? Glad you're having a great time in CO. My Son was at Keystone today, he said it was perfect weather, 30° and sunny.

Attachments

• 1421280490668.jpg
    1421280490668.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 1421280505284.jpg
    1421280505284.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 52

Cornhead

I think something screwy is going on, those weren't the pics I picked, my phone screwed up? I couldn't log on at work today either.

mishka

@ St. Bear I wanted to reply to your post in original TR but it got lost before I could do it.

---Quote] (Originally by mishka)---
skis preform very well. Can't say better than expected because I EXPECTED good performance.
---End Quote---
Ha! I like the confidence.

why you surprised in my confident?

---Quote---
No I didn't notice any difference in performance East vs West. Does it have to be?

hope skiNEwhere will post review someday.lol
---End Quote---
Just curious if the more wide open nature of Western skiing affected anything. I found that in the East, I want a more nimble ski, since I'm in tighter spaces more often (trees or moguls). Out West, things are more wide open, and I want a bigger and stable ski.

no I didn't notice any difference skiing West or East on my skis. At Winter Park I went from open bowl to trees to bumps and all in the same run sometimes. trails off Eagle wind chair at Winter Park where bumps and trees as tight as around here
I didn't find need this time for bigger skis (MR110). As far stability and maneuverability at ANY terrain here or out West MR100 doing just fine.
you might want to step up to the plate and try real skis ;-):cool:

snoseek

I'm finishing my season (last two weeks of April) in the Summit County area. Totally looking forward to it.

Been rocking the 110's all season long. Currently it is coral reef and steep techy rock sections associated with a thin Kirkwood snowpack. Are they a little wide? Sure, but I'm adapting pretty well. These skis are taking some serious abuse and holding up extremely well. You would cringe if you saw some of the places I've taken em!

mishka

way you ski I can only imagine lol.

Wait a minute.... Last two weeks of April? So we not going to get to ski together on East cost?????... Unless Killington stay open in May again.

serious abuse lol . do you think mine staying in the corner and collecting dust lol. I tested some new products and now can fixed just about any cosmetic damage to the top/sidewall and make skis looks almost like new again