• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Mountain 1/17/15

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
1/17/15
Blue Mountain Pa. 8:00 AM - 12:30
14F
Everything except Natural.

After Reading the Mohawk report and doing some erands last night I was'nt sure about today, woke up and checked the NOAA hourly winds for my area 6mph, OK arrived early enough to get a good parking spot.
It's been years since I've been to Blue even though I live reasonably close.
Traversed over to the lower base area and rode the six pack...for the first time.The idea of getting 6 stangers on the same chair was a ittle unnerving at first, Most of the people out early seemed competant. but i ended up with 4 9yr olds on the next chair, they suprised me and handled themselves well.
lapped nightmare and the seeded ( sprout ) bumps 4 times and Dream weaver..nice cover for a while.
the 6 pack and quad move alot of people in a short time although the lines looked long they were 15 min.
Headed over to challange and things up top were 60% good and the rain crust was starting to come through.
ended up on Upper main street and hit the (Glade) and a rock.
Lapped Barneys Bumps as the sun warmed up the bumps a little. All in all not too bad ..
As I was leaving i could see the clouds of Mnt Doom coming.
Experimented with Ski Tracks and a hand warmer next to phone only used 40% in 4hrs!

Video is my Impression of Mystery Sceince Theatre 3000

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Elk is a Peak and Blue is on a Ridge , Blue pulled a fast one for PR purposes ,the bottom is flat and shallow runout .
I like Elk Better altough Blue has more trails. Blue has a lot of switchback trails that can get scrapped off on the turns.
It's been a while since I've been there had several bad experiances .

#1 Some punk boarder decided he did'nt have to wait for the urinal and cut that line.Yeah they have lines for that too..LOL
#2 I worked there when it was "Little Gap". They built a Jump for a TV commercial and Brochure one of the other Instructors did the jump, one night a Ski Patroller gave me crap for
"jumping" I let into her about the commercial and false advertising...she pulled my ticket.
(much later)#3 My son was below spotting a jump for me and some guy pulls up next to me and yells "drop in" as i started. Starts "F"ing me out as i pulled away , I caught up with him and had a few words as he slinked off.

Today was cool though