• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/26 Manitoba Mauler

Tin

Cant stay awake for snow map, but you can get the general idea!

I like the way this is wrapping & twisting into New England now.

10405671_867803336599798_464334408939006671_n.png

EDIT: I lied. I made it; still awake. Phenomenal best case scenario here. Hope it's right.

10425862_10205421576959649_7336769375384490574_n.jpg

I'm actually getting a bit worried. Nemo hit RI with an honest 18-22" and shut the state down for 3 days. And these are 10:1 maps calling for another foot +?. The state will be shut down until Friday. This would be absolute insanity.

Wavewheeler

It it happens thinking if state of emergency will happen. Winds will be strong that probably mean lift not running more so high speed chairs you can take triple at hunter to other tripple to get to top. Other I suggested is my other favorite hill in the Catskills and their chair almost always run FYI you not actually make turns to Friday if 3 feet fall town will have a lot issues plowing and taking care of people first.

If I have to, I'll put it off to Thursday, when things calm down. In the meantime, nothing seems certain about where and how much. I guess we need to stay tuned. It would be ironic if I couldn't go skiing because of too much snow. Seriously. I guess there's always next week..

Savemeasammy

I'm actually getting a bit worried. Nemo hit RI with an honest 18-22" and shut the state down for 3 days. And these are 10:1 maps calling for another foot +?. The state will be shut down until Friday. This would be absolute insanity.

What a bummer if everyone from the cities can't make it up... No worries, I will be happy to handle the snow on their behalf. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krikaya

If Mass and RI are shut down until Friday I'll be overjoyed even though I'm planning to drive to NH for my race training on Tuesday. This would be a winter wonderland. I'm going through my gear now: snowshoes-check, snow baskets attach to poles-check, mountaineering boots-check, load up the bong-check....oh wait I get drug tested--scratch the bong. Time to play in the snow. Screw work and responsibility at least for a few days. I don't even care if I lose power as long as I have beer. I can't wait to go to the beach during the height of the blizzard and get knocked down by the wind. I want to build snowforts in the snowbanks, chuck snowballs at cars, laugh at people who whine at all the shoveling they have to do....

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
If Mass and RI are shut down until Friday I'll be overjoyed even though I'm planning to drive to NH for my race training on Tuesday. This would be a winter wonderland. I'm going through my gear now: snowshoes-check, snow baskets attach to poles-check, mountaineering boots-check, load up the bong-check....oh wait I get drug tested--scratch the bong. Time to play in the snow. Screw work and responsibility at least for a few days. I don't even care if I lose power as long as I have beer. I can't wait to go to the beach during the height of the blizzard and get knocked down by the wind. I want to build snowforts in the snowbanks, chuck snowballs at cars, laugh at people who whine at all the shoveling they have to do....

You forgot your snorkel! :daffy::daffy:

The Sneak

Who cares if you can't get out til Friday ....reload storm may be coming Thursday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catsup948

Euro crushes New York City! This could be massively historic. 24 inches here at my house. Fluffy blower pow pow on top of a perfect base! Euro!

BenedictGomez

I've driven up during State of Emergency "mandatory" road closures before to get to a mountain, and I'll do it again.

Step 1) Seek out a plow truck like a mosquito seeks a host
Step 2) Stay about 25 car lengths behind it.
Step 3) Enjoy your 45mph drive

Tin

I've driven up during State of Emergency "mandatory" road closures before to get to a mountain, and I'll do it again.

Do you go through Mass? They were brutal about it during Nemo.

BenedictGomez

I only see one new map to post this morning, and it's from Bastardi jr, who's not even a professional.

I think the pro mets are scared of this storm and are awaiting more data! lol

1781886_820333628024101_3284882020850002328_n.png

BBMF

... 45mph.... seems like I get stuck behind the plows that are paid by the hour =20-30mph on the highway. I've been know to ride the plow trucks and then steal a pass when chances allow. I won't be doing sixty, but I cannot stand sitting behind those strobe lights