• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Monday 2/2/2015

UVSHTSTRM

In the last 10 minutes, the WMUR (NH station) went from 4-8 to 6-12, thing is clearly pushing north. They are generally on the conservative side at WMUR. So for them to up the snow totals and push everything north is something to consider.

UVSHTSTRM

And………accuweather went from 3-6 to 4-8 in the last few minutes. This is all based on the Upper Valley of NH region.

Smellytele

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

prsboogie

In the last 10 minutes, the WMUR (NH station) went from 4-8 to 6-12, thing is clearly pushing north. They are generally on the conservative side at WMUR. So for them to up the snow totals and push everything north is something to consider.

Should make for this skiing at Attitash BW this week.

steamboat1

The flatlands of PA and NJ could see a serious ice storm out of this. So far the Poconos remain all snow. Crossing my fingers it stays that way.
Could be ice/rain at Camelback & all snow in Mt. Pocono. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that happen. Camelback doesn't have good base elevation.

BenedictGomez

The flatlands of PA and NJ could see a serious ice storm out of this. So far the Poconos remain all snow. Crossing my fingers it stays that way.

It has to stop moving north NOW - the Poconos have run out of real estate. And as better atmospheric data gets sampled with each successive run, it's been moving north 10, 20, 25 miles. I have a bad feeling about this.

Attachments

• LucyFootball.jpg
    LucyFootball.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 75

bdfreetuna

CT and Long Island have had more than their share of snow so far. I'm hoping this thing drops a solid amount of snow on Vermont Ski Country, NH and Maine

I'm selfish like that.

BenedictGomez

If Camelback strikes out Elk will probably see this through just fine, so there will be options. I'll take a foot at Elk and no crowds any day.

Yeah, that's probably true.

Sadly Elk is a good 2 hours from me and I was hoping to do some in/out night skiing at either Shawnee or Camelback.

There's some wildcards here to think about though. That H is pretty strong, and I've noticed before over the years that sometimes the models dont anticipate an abnormally beefy H, and that could keep the "real world" storm south of where it's depicted. The other thing is that these maps do NOT factor in snow already on the ground, so that should help out with the temp a degree or two I think.

BenedictGomez

Lots of caveats posted with this map to the fact that he thinks he's going to have to bring the PA/NJ/NYC numbers down even further.

1393075_10155169076325387_3619655760724639338_n.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Alrighty BG, what's your focus for 10AM Monday at Logan airport. This storm going to shut the airport down?

BenedictGomez

Alrighty BG, what's your focus for 10AM Monday at Logan airport. This storm going to shut the airport down?

Assuming they get the 10"+ that's foretasted? I would think so. Airports like LGA and BOS also suffer from the problem of essentially being built right on top of the water. If there's someplace you absolutely have to be I'd probably switch my flight to tomorrow before 2pm if you can.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Assuming they get the 10"+ that's foretasted? I would think so. Airports like LGA and BOS also suffer from the problem of essentially being built right on top of the water. If there's someplace you absolutely have to be I'd probably switch my flight to tomorrow before 2pm if you can.

10AM direct flight to Seattle for work. I wouldn't be heartbroken if the flight is cancelled and I had to fly out Tuesday.

drjeff

10AM direct flight to Seattle for work. I wouldn't be heartbroken if the flight is cancelled and I had to fly out Tuesday.

Allow plenty of extra travel time into Boston!! Having been in Boston the last few days for convention, they're down almost 1 lane on every street due to last weeks snowstorm and it was causing significant traffic issues - add another foot of cleared snow to those streets and it will create more problems traffic wise for sure!! :eek: