• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's Game On at Sundown!

Savemeasammy

Nice. How long will it take before those get skied in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmywilson69

I wish my local hill would see moguls. They used to, but they CAT driver that knew how to do it was fired. Now they let 1 trail ungroomed, but they are weirdly shaped because of snowboarders and the fact they they get cut out of snow making whales.

snoseek

So didn't CT just get bombed with snow? If so why would you seed vs just let nature take over?

bvibert

Staff member
So didn't CT just get bombed with snow? If so why would you seed vs just let nature take over?

Eastern CT got bombed, western CT (where Sundown is located) didn't do as well with 8-10". The seeds are suggestions to encourage people to turn more often...

rocks860

That trails was a solid block of ice last weekend until they groomed... Upon which 20 minutes later it was again a solid block of ice

rocks860

Solid block of ice is a gross exaggeration.

I watched a kid who clearly shouldn't have been on the trail wipe out and slide full speed down the entire trails. The run I took on it it was almost impossible to turn with how icy it was

rocks860

I thought for sure sundown would have gotten more than 8 - 10". We got a good 2' here where I am

We only got a little more than a foot in Rocky hill and I guess towards the western side of the state they got less

bvibert

Staff member
I watched a kid who clearly shouldn't have been on the trail wipe out and slide full speed down the entire trails. The run I took on it it was almost impossible to turn with how icy it was

Not trying to be a dick, but I rarely tune my skis (the edges are toast), and I had no trouble turning on all but 2 or 3 spots last weekend. If you did try to turn on those spots, then yeah, it was pretty much game over.

jack97

:eek: ...... is the fitness check & injury waiver at the front desk.

rocks860

I've found the people selling tickets the last couple times I've been to be real jackasses. For example on Saturday I walk up to the desk to by a ticket for night skiing at about 540 and there's no one in line and the woman very rudely says she can't sell it to me until 550. I go outside and come back 5 minutes later to a line of 10 people, all of whom she sells night skiing tickets to.