• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which mountain do you prefer (Mount Snow, Stratton, Killingon)?

MarieEmily

Mount snow out if the 3 but magic is a good time too & with all the extra powder they just got they were open for skiing yesterday:daffy:

drjeff

Here's a Mount Snow tip - unless you want to ski/ride parks, the good stuff doesn't have a "fan gun" symbol next to it on the trail map right now. Unless it's before say 9:15 or after about 3 - you're more than likely looking at a 10+ minute line for the Bluebird (and on a COLD, WINDY day, that line IMHO is worth it!!) - #3 you can get lots of quality vertical even on a busy weekend by riding fixed grip lifts the majority of the day and lastly, between the beer selection up on the summit in the Bull wheel, and down in the base lodge in the Station Taproom, I challenge anyone to show me a draught list of close to 30 selections of better top to bottom (pun intended here ;) ) quality nationwide, than Mount Snow offers!! :beer: :)

For a hint of what I'm talking about beer wise, go to taplister.com and search for "the station taproom in west dover, Vt" and check out what they're currently pouring - quality!! :)

canobie#1

Killington is the best.
Stratton is a million times better than mount slow.

Smellytele

Gore is a good choice as is Magic. I know everyone has there favorites and likes as do I and we have our dislikes. 2 out of these 3 I do not like but would still ski them for a day to mix things up if they were free and would have fun just not my choice.

MadMadWorld

Going to Mount Snow is like going to Walmart- you see people from all walks of life.

I should also add that I get bored with the terrain after 2 runs. It's a popular mountain and it's got it's but I'm definitely not it's target audience

FreeShred

Killington hands down for freeriding, it can be a bit tricky finding your way around at first but there's a ton of great skiing/riding there and some pretty steep terrain. Stratton is decent too.

If you like riding park, Mount Snow is the place to be on the east coast though, but very limited for freeriding.

Fowtwuntee

I personally like K-town the best. The woods there are always on point, deep in the ramshead ones there is never a shortage of freshies!