• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sella Ronda

dlague

Sella Ronda - the most recognized ski route of the Dolomites.
It is a loop that runs either clockwise or counter clockwise around the massif of the Sella mountain range.This route can easily be accomplished in one day.

My son just skied here two weeks ago! While has been stationed in Germany with the Army he has skied in four Countries - Germany, Austria, Switzerland and now Italy. Meanwhile he also did a tour in Afghanistan (finished up in December). While I have not spoken to him much about it yet, but in his words - "it was dope". There are 4 "ski areas" around a Massif and you can ski them clockwise or counter clockwise.

Has anyone been there?

10487561_784983658216889_3096819033187642514_n.jpg

karte01.jpg

The Sella Ronda covers 4 passes:
- Gardena Pass
- Sella Pass
- Pordoi Pass
- Campolongo Pass

4 Ladin valleys
- Alta Badia
- Val Gardena
- Val di Fassa
- Livinallongo

3 provinces
- Bolzano
- Trento e Belluno

amf

Our club was there a couple of years back - I couldn't make it, but the pictures were pretty impressive. The route itself was not particularly difficult, but the scenery was absolutely stunning - reminded me more of Jackson Hole than anything else I've seen out west.

j law

I skied it back in 2001 and it was crazy because they got 3 feet of snow right before we got there... And at the time the Italians were not into skiing "off piste."

Amazingly, they would leave untouched powder just off the edge of almost every trail while they worked on carving perfect GS turns.

I did get myself a bit in trouble one day when venturing a bit too far away from the trail and got into some sketchy terrain that could have easily avalanched me off one of those breathtaking cliffs!

I've been around the world skiing and still think the Dolomites are the most aesthetically beautiful mountains I've ever seen...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

I skied it back in 2001 and it was crazy because they got 3 feet of snow right before we got there... And at the time the Italians were not into skiing "off piste."

Amazingly, they would leave untouched powder just off the edge of almost every trail while they worked on carving perfect GS turns.

I did get myself a bit in trouble one day when venturing a bit too far away from the trail and got into some sketchy terrain that could have easily avalanched me off one of those breathtaking cliffs!

I've been around the world skiing and still think the Dolomites are the most aesthetically beautiful mountains I've ever seen...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

My son like it a lot! He did mention that everywhere he has been so far Germany, Austria, Switzerland and now Italy - people tend to stick to the groomed areas and they look at him funny with his Atomic Blog skis at 110 under foot which are his daily driver. He says the trees are often untouched until he gets there.

tekweezle

uploadfromtaptalk1424284821161.jpg Skied it this past January with the skiklub I go with. 7 hours to cover 51 miles.

It was fun although the day I went, it was overcast so not many good picto

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

tekweezle

uploadfromtaptalk1424285129712.jpg and my reward was.... Free stickers!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk