Sugarloaf 2/5/15

AlpineZone

Sugarloaf 2/5/15

My buddy Mike and I drove up last night and skied today in advance of the summit.

Today was amazing. Fresh lines all day. We scored some knee deep under the double runner that I will remember all summer. Woods were great. Brackett was awesome as were many other trees we visited. I'm not sure this wasn't the best ski day of my life.

It was cold and windy; King Pine shut down at about 12:45. We skied until 3:30. Snow stayed light and soft. Some of our afternoon turns were the best of the day.

This summit is going to rock!

Nice. Way to get after it. Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to get out there. Was Brackett largely untouched? or chopped up?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiVTMEgirl View Post
    Thanks for the update. I can't wait to get out there. Was Brackett largely untouched? or chopped up?
    It was untouched AM and wind blew snow in there all day. By 2pm it was getting chopped and a little firm in places but there was still a lot of powder to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by moresnow View Post
    Nice. Way to get after it. Enjoy your weekend.
    Platty next week?

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Platty next week?
    We'll see what Ullr brings.

Can't wait to hit the loaf this weekend!! ME has been getting a ton of nice dumps this year.. Time to traverse the woods!!

Kudos Jim, have fun this weekend. Looks like I picked a bad Summit to pass on. Enjoy all who will be there.
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Kudos Jim, have fun this weekend. Looks like I picked a bad Summit to pass on. Enjoy all who will be there.
    Looks like Greek was good...each day here has been tremendous. Amazing how big this place is and how many tree shots there are. Snow quality has been really good. I'm really impressed this visit.

Thread Information