• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf 2/5/15

JimG.

Staff member
My buddy Mike and I drove up last night and skied today in advance of the summit.

Today was amazing. Fresh lines all day. We scored some knee deep under the double runner that I will remember all summer. Woods were great. Brackett was awesome as were many other trees we visited. I'm not sure this wasn't the best ski day of my life.

It was cold and windy; King Pine shut down at about 12:45. We skied until 3:30. Snow stayed light and soft. Some of our afternoon turns were the best of the day.

This summit is going to rock!

JimG.

Staff member
Thanks for the update. I can't wait to get out there. Was Brackett largely untouched? or chopped up?

It was untouched AM and wind blew snow in there all day. By 2pm it was getting chopped and a little firm in places but there was still a lot of powder to be found.

Fowtwuntee

Can't wait to hit the loaf this weekend!! ME has been getting a ton of nice dumps this year.. Time to traverse the woods!!

Cornhead

Kudos Jim, have fun this weekend. Looks like I picked a bad Summit to pass on. Enjoy all who will be there.

JimG.

Staff member
Kudos Jim, have fun this weekend. Looks like I picked a bad Summit to pass on. Enjoy all who will be there.

Looks like Greek was good...each day here has been tremendous. Amazing how big this place is and how many tree shots there are. Snow quality has been really good. I'm really impressed this visit.