• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Replacement boot liners

frapcap

Over the years I have worked on and become attached to my Atomic M80 boots. They're a bit older, but I finally have a problem with them.
One of the liners have a tongue that broke from the rest of the boot liner. It skis decent enough to finish out the season, but I really don't want to buy new boots.
I've done some research and see a variety of custom fit liners from Zipfit and Intuition, but am not really confident with using them to replace my current liners. That, and at approximately $200/pair, it almost seems worth it to buy a new pair of boots if I'm going to make that kind of investment.

I've emailed Atomic, but they haven't replied yet. I'm hoping they might have a similar liner to fit the shell, or at least a part number for me to reference.

Do you guys have any suggestions on looking for the stock replacement liner?

See y'all at the Summit!!

millerm277

Stalk Ebay like a hawk for a used pair of your boots or an equivalent model that you can pull the liner from. Watch it for long enough and with the right keywords and it'll eventually pop up if it was a widely sold model.

prsboogie

Over the years I have worked on and become attached to my Atomic M80 boots. They're a bit older, but I finally have a problem with them.
One of the liners have a tongue that broke from the rest of the boot liner. It skis decent enough to finish out the season, but I really don't want to buy new boots.
I've done some research and see a variety of custom fit liners from Zipfit and Intuition, but am not really confident with using them to replace my current liners. That, and at approximately $200/pair, it almost seems worth it to buy a new pair of boots if I'm going to make that kind of investment.

I've emailed Atomic, but they haven't replied yet. I'm hoping they might have a similar liner to fit the shell, or at least a part number for me to reference.

Do you guys have any suggestions on looking for the stock replacement liner?

See y'all at the Summit!!

If you love these so much, part with the cash for the Intuitions. You will not be sorry but just in case what size do you where so I can buy them off you at a drastically reduced used price, ;-) JK you will like them.

Angus

My son bought Intuitions for his race boots and they have worked well.

Hawkshot99

My son bought Intuitions for his race boots and they have worked well.

I have skied intuitions in my resort boots for the past 4-5 yrs. Have had 2 sets of liners over that time frame.
First pair was Rebranded As Dalbello and came with the boots. I wore those for 1 yr, and bought real Intuitions the next year for my new boots. The real intuitions are now in their 3rd season, 250+ days and 3rd pair of shells. The liners still feel good to go. They do jot pack out like a traditional liner does. I usually had a good 75 days in a liner before they started packing out noticeably.
My current Dalbello boots came with a pair of Intuition liners(panrera 120). I took those liners out as I wanted to use my real intuitions as they are stiffer, and the new ones were out into my AT boots. Those boots went from being wearable (because I got a great eeal on them) but mm ot comfortable, to very comfy and I never touched a buckle the entire skin trip.

I not own a pair of boots without Intuitions for the forseable future, or at least till something better comes out.
Yes the oiners are kinda pricy, especially if they don't come in the boots, but VERY worth while. My "Powerwraps" retail for $180 when I bought them 3 yrs ago. I have over 250 days in them and I expect to ski another 20-25 this yr. So even if I replace them after this season (they very well could still be good to go) I will have paid 65 cents per day to use them.

bigbog

Might check with a well-versed Atomic shop...and have them order up similarly shaped liner... PU tongue broke..or got ripped?...otherwise can you sew it back in if possible..or have shop do it...y/n?
Will get much quicker service by giving business to an Atomic shop if you want to stick with similar....

Last edited:

EPB

I second the call by millerm277. I'm sure you really like Atomic's fit - just scour the internet for a similar Atomic pair that's never been used but a few years old. After the nostalgia wears off (and you break them in), you'll probably like them better than the originals anyway.

LONGBOARDR

I second the call by millerm277. I'm sure you really like Atomic's fit - just scour the internet for a similar Atomic pair that's never been used but a few years old. After the nostalgia wears off (and you break them in), you'll probably like them better than the originals anyway.

If you really love your shells and think they are worth going forward into the future, Intuition liners.
I ski alpine and tele, all my boots including back ups have Intuition liners, simply the best.
I do 80+ days including 10 hour days patrolling, warm and comfortable.

Feel free to reply back with ? regarding self fitting

gmcunni

how do you love the shell? i mean, how do you differentiate between the feel/function that the shell provides verses the feel/function/fit/comfort/warmth the liner provides?

mister moose

I tried buying Solomon liners but got nowhere from retailers. Bought new boots. Then when those packed out, went with Conformable liners. At $500, you're not going to like the price, but custom foam done well is a quantum level up.

Brad J

If you have a good shell fit and the liners are packed out or worse consider Zipfit liners , the best liner hands down.

frapcap

how do you love the shell? i mean, how do you differentiate between the feel/function that the shell provides verses the feel/function/fit/comfort/warmth the liner provides?

I did a good bit of work on the toe box area of the boot with a heat gun to more readily accept the wide ball of my foot and toes. Having to start over again on another pair of boots would be a huge pain.

If you really love your shells and think they are worth going forward into the future, Intuition liners.
I ski alpine and tele, all my boots including back ups have Intuition liners, simply the best.
I do 80+ days including 10 hour days patrolling, warm and comfortable.

Feel free to reply back with ? regarding self fitting

That is excellent to hear. I don't know a damned thing about sizing liners to boots and google searches give me conflicting information. If you could give me a good link or explanation, that'd be awesome!

Might check with a well-versed Atomic shop...and have them order up similarly shaped liner... PU tongue broke..or got ripped?...otherwise can you sew it back in if possible..or have shop do it...y/n?
Will get much quicker service by giving business to an Atomic shop if you want to stick with similar....

The pull tongue busted on one of them. Its still connected, but is very floppy.

mbedle

I use Thermo Flex liners in two pairs of boots I ride with. Great product, and if they get packed out, you can remold them up to 6 times.

MadMadWorld

I need to do some serious work to my boots. It's starting to really mess with my skiing (no excuses I swear). It's really messed up my stance and I'm being thrown around in the bumps. I don't have much to add other than bitching

dlague

Hawkshot99

Last year my son bought Full Tilt Liners and put them in a Dalbello boot. I will have to pull the liner but I think it is an Intuition Liner. He loves them and said they are super comfortable and did not loose performance. Happen to notice that Evo no longer sells the Full Tilt liner but instead sells Intuition Power Wrap.

http://www.evo.com/ski-boot-liners/...8608/intuition-power-wrap-liner-2014-none.jpg

Intuition makes the liner for Full Tilt, but they are made to Full Tilts specs since they huy so many. Same thing as what Dalbello does. These liners are not the same as a true Intuition. The Power Wrap is stiffer in flex, and also a harder material.

millerm277

I tried buying Solomon liners but got nowhere from retailers. Bought new boots. Then when those packed out, went with Conformable liners. At $500, you're not going to like the price, but custom foam done well is a quantum level up.

Worth noting that when they are new (or relatively so), you can get liners and other parts from the manufacturer/retailers. It's the strategy some family of mine has used, once he was sure he liked the boots he bought, he went out and ordered another set of liners and another set of heel pieces. Kept them on the shelf for years until they were needed.