• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf -Summit 6.0 powered by Southern Comfort official discussion thread

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Oh man hope you made it back OK. My drove home wasn't too bad about 5 hours. Mostly still pushing 75 on the highway and it was pretty clear for the most part.

Awesome meeting several people I've never met before including dlague , jpracker, frapcap, puck it and a whole bunch more (sorry if I missed you!)

wa-loaf

Just got home (6.5hrs for normal 4hr drive) great skiing and the couple inches we got this morning were a nice topping to the trip. Got a bunch of video to go through and will post up once I've got something. Thanks again to Nick for putting this together!

bigbog

Got up there late Saturday after visiting a little bit of East Kennebago with a few...then visited another few boot shops for walkmode:-o Thought of timing but stopped in the Widowmaker late. Got talking with a bunch from Vermont but after two beers = was teetering on the edge of consciousness:lol: and thinking about driving home..and not hearing anything AZish from them...chose to leave for Bangor. Did stop up to ask any of the bar-personnel for AZ info = they had no clue!:roll: = they were a Great help..lol. ..but will try to get out westward at some time before the season ends...and with the way it looks...Reggaefest should have great snow.

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
My Odessy ended by cancelling my hotel in Southborough about halfway for me , Did'nt want to drive Mass pike in rush hour snow in the morning.
got hot at 11:00 , 12 hr ride. Felt Ok when I got home.
Rode first tracks chair with Jim G , That was the most bazzar snow , if you looked at it closely it was a cluster of really fine flakes wit a cotton ball core, Was like skiing on a Air Hockey table , after it was kick up it left a low hanging cloud.
Thanks for letting me tag a long for some runs , Jim,Nick, Stef , vdk , Brian.
Had an awsome time, Trip was a chance for me to make some turns with my brother from Portland , I havent been to the Loaf since the Gondola.
Great time even though it was cold, stayed out a little too long yesterday feet were on fire for a few minutes after going in.
Thanks again!

bvibert

Staff member
My Odessy ended by cancelling my hotel in Southborough about halfway for me , Did'nt want to drive Mass pike in rush hour snow in the morning.
got hot at 11:00 , 12 hr ride. Felt Ok when I got home.
Rode first tracks chair with Jim G , That was the most bazzar snow , if you looked at it closely it was a cluster of really fine flakes wit a cotton ball core, Was like skiing on a Air Hockey table , after it was kick up it left a low hanging cloud.
Thanks for letting me tag a long for some runs , Jim,Nick, Stef , vdk , Brian.
Had an awsome time, Trip was a chance for me to make some turns with my brother from Portland , I havent been to the Loaf since the Gondola.
Great time even though it was cold, stayed out a little too long yesterday feet were on fire for a few minutes after going in.
Thanks again!

Good to meet you, if only for one run. Glad you were able to make it, I think you beat out Allskiing for the furthest distance traveled!

wa-loaf

Good to meet you, if only for one run. Glad you were able to make it, I think you beat out Allskiing for the furthest distance traveled!

I was about 10 mins late for first tracks so missed everyone. Still had a great morning and Saturday was a blast.

bvibert

Staff member
Had a great drive back no 95 back up. We had a great weekend. Rip Saw skied really nice yesterday as well as misery whip, haul back, skidder and hayburner. Plenty of other blues too. I missed a lot but that gives me something to shoot for next year. Really cool meeting Nick, JimG, Trueist, bvibert, SkiStef, fscrap and seeing xwhaler and Puck it as well. There others too but memory is shot.

Nice yo meet you!

bvibert

Staff member
I was about 10 mins late for first tracks so missed everyone. Still had a great morning and Saturday was a blast.

This was the first time I made it out to the chair before they started loading. I was pretty proud. ALLSKIING and I also managed to score first chair on King Pine after a few laps on the Super Quad.

bvibert

Staff member
I didn't get too many pictures aside from what I already posted. Here's one of wa-loaf slaying Misery Whip on Saturday.

That was my favorite run of the weekend, though it wasn't as good on Sunday.

Attachments

• 1423496764052.jpg
    1423496764052.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 104

bvibert

Staff member
First chair on King Pine was kinda cool. Haulback ripped! Though two people made it over from skyline and poached it from me, thanks to a couple of stops...

Attachments

• 1423496915874.jpg
    1423496915874.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 118

xwhaler

Thanks again to Nick and Stef and all the mods for making this happen. Always a great time, well organized and a ton of fun re connecting with folks and meeting new ones.
Catsup948, TobySki, and I slayed up Black Mtn of Maine on the way up for the 2nd straight yr which put us in a great mood heading up the Loaf.
Look fwd to my 5th summit next season!

dlague

I didn't get too many pictures aside from what I already posted. Here's one of wa-loaf slaying Misery Whip on Saturday.

That was my favorite run of the weekend, though it wasn't as good on Sunday.

I made one run on Misery Whip on Saturday while my wife skied Ramdown and wanted to ski it again on Sunday but never made it - sounds like I did not miss much.

Last edited:

xwhaler

We hit Misery Whip early on Saturday and didnt like it...hard to get into a rhythm given the troughs were very icey and hard to see when they would come up.
Normally I enjoy that trail but it was a 1 and done Sat AM for us.
Brackett Basin was area of the wknd for me....pretty incredible in there. They have done a lot more thinning than I remember from my last voyage in there 3 yrs ago.

dlague

The only sad part about being at the Summit - never got to ski with any AZers. Drank with some though!

JimG.

Staff member
Mike and I got home in the normal time, 8 hours door to door in my case. I believe the driver wanted out of that car more than I did when we got back!

To all those I met and skied with, it was a real pleasure! I enjoy talking face to face with our forum because so much gets lost in the threads. To those I missed meeting, there will be future opportunities. And to my moderator sisters and brothers my heartfelt thanks for bringing the summit to another level as usual. This one was my best by far.

After 4 days of powder hunting my tree shot of the summit was Fred's Pitch followed closely by anything skier's right of Brackett down. Trail of the summit was Misery Whip on Sat which I really enjoyed after forgetting to ski it at all on Thurs and Fri. And my poach of the summit was the Double Runner East liftline which produced knee deep snow and plentiful face shots.

And the best part is it is f*%&ing dumping snow today!