• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf -Summit 6.0 powered by Southern Comfort official discussion thread

bvibert

Staff member
I made one run on Misery Whip on Saturday while my wife skied Ramdown and wanted to ski it again on Sunday but never made it - sounds like I did not miss much.

All the snow drifts that were on the left setup Saturday night. They weren't exactly solid, or even hard, but you couldn't bust through them like you could on Friday and Saturday. I was pretty disappointed when I hit it Sunday morning.

bvibert

Staff member

wa-loaf

Threw together a quick edit of my first run down Misery Whip on Saturday with bvibert, skistef, vdk03, Nick, and my buddy Bruce (who did a great job hanging in there with us!)

dlague

Threw together a quick edit of my first run down Misery Whip on Saturday with bvibert, skistef, vdk03, Nick, and my buddy Bruce (who did a great job hanging in there with us!)

There were some icy spots in the troughs that caught me of guard a couple of times on that trail. Nice vid!

wa-loaf

There were some icy spots in the troughs that caught me of guard a couple of times on that trail. Nice vid!

That would have been Rip Saw for me. There were a few hidden ice patches that threw me around. On misery whip they were at least visible.

bvibert

Staff member
That would have been Rip Saw for me. There were a few hidden ice patches that threw me around. On misery whip they were at least visible.

I don't remember too much straight out ice on Misery Whip, but there were definitely some short slick sections. Rip Saw had legit blue ice on it though, mixed in with slick hardpack, powder, and condensed wind drift snow. It was challenging, but fun. The Whip was much better though.

wa-loaf

I should be working, but instead I'm going through video footage. Here's a quick Haulback edit:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Wow - there were some monster-sized moguls at some points in that vid. Sure it wasn't the Staircase?!!

Haha ..never been there could be ?
One of them ate me up middle of the afternoon.
I've heard the joke nothing good happens after the words "Watch this"
Well for me it was in my head "One more run" after bro went in I hit it really hard and launched off one and lost rythm
and hit the tops of four in a row , bailed to the side and survived .

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I don't remember too much straight out ice on Misery Whip, but there were definitely some short slick sections. Rip Saw had legit blue ice on it though, mixed in with slick hardpack, powder, and condensed wind drift snow. It was challenging, but fun. The Whip was much better though.

My favorite run ,I'm not sure of the name did a quick cut in but never got back to note the name.
Top had a funnel look and a little bumpless section of 100'. I think it was either Bubblecuffer or Winters way.
Once you got past the first 100' it looked like misery wip / Haulback bumps all the way down .
No ice anywhere.

bvibert

Staff member
My favorite run ,I'm not sure of the name did a quick cut in but never got back to note the name.
Top had a funnel look and a little bumpless section of 100'. I think it was either Bubblecuffer or Winters way.
Once you got past the first 100' it looked like misery wip / Haulback bumps all the way down .
No ice anywhere.

I never made it to bubblecuffer or winters way, which are usually 2 of my favorite trails there.. Kinda bummed about that.

Last edited: