• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf -Summit 6.0 powered by Southern Comfort official discussion thread

wa-loaf

OK someone needs to take the iMovie away from me. I was starting a Brackett Basin video and wanted part of the traverse in it. Realized that was ridiculously long and ended up with this ...

bvibert

Staff member
OK someone needs to take the iMovie away from me. I was starting a Brackett Basin video and wanted part of the traverse in it. Realized that was ridiculously long and ended up with this ...

That's great!

prsboogie

Haulback Saturday was nice , sun helped.
Turns with Bro...was his first day skiing this year...so ...I showed no mercy.

Where those first bumps as big as they appear on the video? I need to try and make next years trip. This just started at the end of my family week's vacation!

dlague

I don't remember too much straight out ice on Misery Whip, but there were definitely some short slick sections. Rip Saw had legit blue ice on it though, mixed in with slick hardpack, powder, and condensed wind drift snow. It was challenging, but fun. The Whip was much better though.

I loved Ripsaw maybe the narrowness of Misery Whip caught me off guard.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Where those first bumps as big as they appear on the video? I need to try and make next years trip. This just started at the end of my family week's vacation!

Yes , 3' would be my guess and a couple had no symmetrical downside , just little cliffs
But we're soft as marshmallows,
Sunday ,like day old mashed potatoes

dlague

I almost threw up! The whole hoofing it part seems like too much work.

bvibert

Staff member
I almost threw up! The whole hoofing it part seems like too much work.

It wasn't a ton of work, but there was absolutely no pay off! The top part of the area we hiked up to was wind scoured crap. By the time we got to good snow we were down to an area we could have traversed to without hiking...

bvibert

Staff member
Wow is more bumped out in the afternoon. I did not ski the left side, but there were nice bumps there from the looks of it.

The left side is where all the drifts were, just like on Haulback. The snow was soft and fun over there.

dlague

It wasn't a ton of work, but there was absolutely no pay off! The top part of the area we hiked up to was wind scoured crap. By the time we got to good snow we were down to an area we could have traversed to without hiking...

Bet you only did that once then! :beer: