• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pico - Feb 7 2015 powder!

bdfreetuna

Pico was beyond excellent today. Went up with Dad and my girl Patricia. Also a couple of Patricia's friends from Puerto Rico came up and had first time lessons.

Got there nice and early and did Sunset Woods first run. Hero snow on the trails into PP with lots of pow stashes in the woods. This was some of the finest snow I remember skiing in recent history. My game was totally on point today -- made up for last week's mediocre showing at Magic big time -- I'll tell you the remarkable surface at Pico today brought out the best in me and I had a blast charging through entire woods, grabbing air here and there, working the flotation. Poma Woods had so much fresh. I'm not normally a vocal guy when skiing but WOO-HOO!! was the word of the day.

Everything was excellent. My girl is progressing at a remarkable pace from only skiing her 1st woods at Mt Snow like a month ago to now she skis ALL WOODS. Maybe not all but close. Keeps a decent pace too, I'm gonna have to get this girl some decent skis next season.

That's all. Great skiing up there right now only gonna get better! Go February!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• pico1.jpg
    pico1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 340
  • pico2.jpg
    pico2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 338
  • pico3.jpg
    pico3.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 338
  • pico4.jpg
    pico4.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 338

medfordmike

Glad you had a good time at Pico. I wasn't there this weekend but last Sunday both Sunset and Poma woods were skiing great. I can't imagine how nice they must be now. I was going to go to Pico on Monday during the storm but they had wind/lift issues so I went to Killington instead. I am hoping for good things for next weekend when I am back up there.

steamboat1

Told you it was good Tuna. Skied there Thurs. after they were closed Tues./Wed. & had received two storms worth of snow. It was my best day so far this season. Glad you enjoyed the leftovers. Same thing may very well happen this week with a storm supposedly rolling in Tues. Wife may divorce me if I'm not home Valentines Day.

Last edited:

4aprice

As good as it was Saturday,(and it was good Saturday) it was even better today. Caught 2nd chair for a fresh 5-7 this morning. Yahoo, good times.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Sum1

Thanks for the pics - Beauts!!
Gotta get to Pico this year......I'm completely auto-tuned to turn in to Bear Mountain or K-1 when I'm in that area.

((It's great to be able to pay the mortgage but I need some time off to enjoy the fresh fluff.))

bdfreetuna

Thanks for the pics - Beauts!!
Gotta get to Pico this year......I'm completely auto-tuned to turn in to Bear Mountain or K-1 when I'm in that area.

((It's great to be able to pay the mortgage but I need some time off to enjoy the fresh fluff.))

Pico is a great way to avoid the Killington crowds. Great classic terrain too. Skis a lot bigger than it looks on the map.