Magic February 8th

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Magic February 8th

First time at magic and it was fantastic, knee deep in the woods, tons of untracked, want to thank you guys, always heard this place was awesome and it certainly is, great terrain

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cbackman; Feb 8, 2015 at 9:09 PM.

Nice pics. Glad to hear you like!

Yesterday was a blast. Too bad I had to call it at 2 to head home for my son's game. The 3-5 that fell Saturday night freshened everything up nicely. Untracked lines were incredible and there were still several to be found.

I hit Magic on Feb 7th. 1st timer as well and it was a lot of fun. Lots of good snow. My only complaint was that the Black Lift was closed all day! So just 1 lift running. I waited on line for about a 1/2 hour one time. Other than that it was so bad. The lines got better later as well. I had a good time but need information on where to enter the woods. I heard people talking about Glade runs that were good and not too narrow. When I hit the glades I prefer some space. So I mainly to the trails. It was great and I can see when they have their loyals. I'd go back. Also grabbed food and drinks at Jakes tavern one night and then the Mill for dinner on Saturday night. Good fun. I skied elsewhere on Sunday though.

Magic is next on our list. Bit of a ride from our house. Based on the trail map it looks like only double black trails are accessible off the Black Chair. I am assuming it is simply the inexact depiction of the trails/lift location. Do they run both lifts regularly? Would stink to drive 2 hours for a double chair and 1/2 waits.

what's the latest on the black lift? I thought they were driving to get all the parts upgraded and inspected and then have it on standby this season. I guess not?
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by jrmagic View Post
    Yesterday was a blast. Too bad I had to call it at 2 to head home for my son's game. The 3-5 that fell Saturday night freshened everything up nicely. Untracked lines were incredible and there were still several to be found.
    You gonna be there this weekend? Planning on being there Sat with a couple folks; I'll keep an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    You gonna be there this weekend? Planning on being there Sat with a couple folks; I'll keep an eye out.
    I heard some talk about the weekend after Presidents day but didn't talk to Tom Barker directly.

Is there an issue with the Black Chair?
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Is there an issue with the Black Chair?
    Only if you want it running, rather than just sitting idle with a bunch of snow on each and every chair hanging from the haul rope
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Thread Information