• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback February 7 - Lather, Rinse, Repeat

salsgang

Sounds like it was a great Summit at Sugarloaf. I say this every year but I will get over there one of these years.

Great run of snow we are in and it does not look like it is going to quit anytime soon. Snow everywhere. One of the best days of the year Saturday and we have had a bunch of good ones.

Words, a couple of pics and Video on the blog:

http://www.maineskifamily.com/2015/02/it-keeps-getting-better-at-saddleback.html

And a bonus middle-aged man Intimidator glade meat huck picture for the over 40 crowd on the board. Not that impressive but If I am getting a little air you know the conditions are pretty good.

10313825_831585186880862_7172787849925994679_n.jpg

Puck it

Skied it for the first time on Friday. Love the mountain. Snow was tough in the windblown areas though. Made for some tough turns in it. Will definitely be back.

dlague

We will be there on 2/28 and 3/1 - looking forward to it. We spend most of our time skiing off Kennebago Quad and the remainder on Rangley Double which I complain a lot about in general but mostly when it is cold. Liked the video on the blog. It gave me ideas on areas that I want to hit but have not in the past. Been there twice in the past and once was after freezing rain and the other did not have much coverage. This year we are going about a month later so it should be promising.

salsgang

We will be there on 2/28 and 3/1 - looking forward to it. We spend most of our time skiing off Kennebago Quad and the remainder on Rangley Double which I complain a lot about in general but mostly when it is cold. Liked the video on the blog. It gave me ideas on areas that I want to hit but have not in the past. Been there twice in the past and once was after freezing rain and the other did not have much coverage. This year we are going about a month later so it should be promising.

The mountain is certainly prime right now. Just the headwalls have some scratch. Fingers crossed this pattern continues! Please post a TR when you go. Glad you found the video useful.