• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

06/12/2004 Hiking Madison & Adams

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Trip: Madison & Adams
Trail(s): Valley Way, (Watson Path), the Airline
Date/Time: June 12 departing 7:45am
Speed: Slow as molasses (last trip approx 1.4 x book time)

I am working my way up to a late summer Presi, and I figured that this is one way to see where I stand as far as enduring elevation gain. This trip is rated [lp: 10.0 miles, 5,000 feet, 7:30]. I'm estimating a good 10:30 for me to finish the trip.

Still deciding on the exact route, so I can be easily swayed...

Stephen

N

NH_Mtn_Hiker

Can I come along, huh, please, well can I ?

These are two I need for my list. It's currently at 15 peaks, a ways to go still.

SilentCal

I'm bringing a friend to the whites next weeking for some camping. We are planning on doing Osceola on Wednesday and depending on how much he likes it, we may join you. I don't expect us to be very fast as well.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
I have to cancel out. We are throwing a birthday party for my soon-to-be 4 year old on Sunday, and my wife is out of her wits trying to get everything planned out.

I'm finding that my "plan" for aggressive hiking this year is probably going to have to be scaled back...

-Stephen

N

NH_Mtn_Hiker

I'm still going. The alarm is set for 3:00am. The plan is, Air Line up and Valley Way down. I hope to reach the trailhead by 5:30. Looks like the weather will be great. (knock on wood)

N

NH_Mtn_Hiker

MtnMagic said:
Did you ascend M/A?

The weather Friday was perfect for any hike. What a beautiful day!

Were you talking to me or Stephen? If me, trip report posted.