• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East 2/13/15

catsup948

Berkshire East
Friday 2/15/2015
Cold, 7 degrees, light wind, sunny
Packed powder, powder

Haven't skied Berkshire East since Monday(damn work!). Conditions were excellent in the woods. I didn't ski any groomers really, just used them to connect to other trees. I was solo so I didn't go on any adventures to find fresh tracks but I did find many spots inbounds with untouched boot deep powder. Natural snow trails were all bumped up but still looked excellent. Only bad run was Horaces Grove which has a southwest exposure and is fairly open, some shark teeth were starting to show in there. Chief woods was by far the run of the day. Found untracked boot deep both times I went through. 1424002671976.jpg Umass and Grizzly woods
1424002883568.jpgChief woods
1424003160450.jpgChute looking down at Charlemont

Tin

Wow, there was so much in Horace's the other day I'm surprised to hear that. Check out all the trees around Roy's and East Glade? Those were wild the other day. I will get back there if this Tues/Weds deal comes through.

Hado226

Tuna, horaces is behind the patrol building. Some rock in there, but pretty easy to hop over most of it.

bdfreetuna

Thanks Hado... Wasn't aware that had a name! Yeah it is rocky in there more often than not. I like obstacles!

catsup948

Wow, there was so much in Horace's the other day I'm surprised to hear that. Check out all the trees around Roy's and East Glade? Those were wild the other day. I will get back there if this Tues/Weds deal comes through.

East Glades were even better today than Friday. Best route today was Chief woods to Roy's way woods and the little pitch below Mohawk. I kept skiing the same route and the only other tracks were mine!

Hado226

I dont know catsup, tomahawk to the DH bike trail was pretty damn sweet too, we patrollers hit your route pretty hard too.

gmcunni

what's the rope policy there? when i visited a 2 weeks ago the report was 100% open but east glade was roped off at the top.

Hado226

That's an idiot rope. If you dont know whats behind it, dont go there. Because it's a clearly marked glade off an easy trail we want to keep beginners out.