• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lame attempt at seeded moguls

Cornhead

Skied Greek Peak on Sunday, at the very top of Iliad were some strange looking man made bumps. A friend at the bar said they used garbage cans to form them, think sand pail on the beach. I didn't ski them, looks more like an obstacle course than a bump run. I guess I give them an E for effort. The trail between the "bumps" and the edge of the trail skied great, as well as the natural bumps bellow the obstacle course.

Attachments

• 1424375035219.jpg
    1424375035219.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 228

Savemeasammy

It looks like those things would be huge if they get skied in. At least they are making an effort!!

Post up another pic of this trail in a week or so if the bumps remain - I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadMadWorld

Maybe someone from Ski Sundown can teach them how to do the seeding!!!

It appears they do a good job most of the time but someone posted some seeded bumps from last year and they were not good. I got flamed for it and they got flattened within a week.

Those would turn into some ridiculous bumps bit I doubt they will fill in this time of year

Cornhead

It looks like those things would be huge if they get skied in. At least they are making an effort!!

Post up another pic of this trail in a week or so if the bumps remain - I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I'll be there freezing my ass off tomorrow. It seems like you can only ski between the bumps, so I don't know if they'll change much. I really don't know why they bothered, the natural bumps below these were sublime.

dlague

OK, I'll be there freezing my ass off tomorrow. It seems like you can only ski between the bumps, so I don't know if they'll change much. I really don't know why they bothered, the natural bumps below these were sublime.

Yup they are too far apart! More like obstacles!

TropicTundR

I think if you get some poseur snowboarders to huck them it will eventually level out, hopefully before someone else gets sued....oh and someone gets injured

Cornhead

Well, despite the lure of a funded early retirement, I did not ski the obstacle course today. With my luck I'd miss a turn and slam into one of the "bumps". Again, the bumps below the " bumps" were fantastic, soft with zero ice, edgeable everywhere, hero bumps, my favorite. They look about the same as last weekend, I guess no boarders have been jumping off them.

Attachments

• 1424558917556.jpg
    1424558917556.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 67