• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

nyc chick looking to share ride up to killington this weekend

Higgl

Oh, well, I mean, if the American Association of University Women says it's so, then I guess there can "be no debate" here.

Surely it couldn't be because women tend to: choose lower paying fields, have babies, have been demonstrated to not negotiate as well a men, have been shown to not ask for raises often (if ever) as men, often choose to work fewer hours than men, interrupt careers and take more time off (often years), and a myriad of other logical factors that in numerous studies have shown that when extrapolated over millions of American male & female workers BLS data completely demonstrate that the "Gender Pay Gap" is a total political farce.

Besides, what chance do Nobel Prize winning Economic laureates who've proven the Gender Pay Gap to be due to life choices and conscious decisions have in the face of the American Association of University Women (whoever the hell they are)?

If you genuinely believe that women make 77¢, or 79¢, or 80¢ (or whatever the figure is the propagandists are currently using in 2015), you owe it to yourself to learn the truth. You dont realize it, but you're essentially arguing that the earth is 2000 years ago and that evolution is a fraud (I intentionally used a example liberals love to use).

I mean let's not even talk about the CNN article because that's not a reputable source at all...

Also your view of liberals is about forty years out of date. Saying evolution is a fraud is not going to make anyone angry who has gone to high school.

I didn't mean for this to degrade into an issues debate about wage gaps. I'm much more concerned about the sexist stereotypes that this thread began with.

For every article that gets cited debunking the wage gap anyone could cite an article debunking the debunk. We're not solving the debate on this thread. We could talk about Europe, studies done and whatever but there's no point.

I'm leaving you, BG, with your anachronistic, sexist, head in the sand, overly wealthy Princeton snob views and I'm taking my whiney, dramatic, preaching liberal views and going back to skiing.

I would just beg all of you to watch what you say when you make women bashing jokes or whatever because perceptions are affected by what your generation believes in stereotypes and killing the confidence and power that a little girl has in the phrase "like a girl" isn't funny at all. Gender stereotypes exist because we make them exist.

And Rocks860, I'm a dude, so ask a woman and see what she says in that debate.

BenedictGomez

I didn't mean for this to degrade into an issues debate about wage gaps.....
For every article that gets cited debunking the wage gap anyone could cite an article debunking the debunk. We're not solving the debate on this thread.

No, see, that's just it - this isn't a topic with a "debate" anymore than you'd "debate" gravity isn't real.

There is no "80% of men's pay" gap, regardless of how many times you're been lied to and swallowed it down with sugar.

The very "source" that you posted (which turned out to be a left-wing political group) was shown to:
A) Not be able to come up with anything remotely approaching 80%, even though they'd certainly "like" to
B) Intentionally fabricate and misled with the way they carved out the data

Your entire argument is completely devoid of anything resembling logic.

Hell, businesses should just lay off all their male employees and hire women. Net income will SOAR!

I'm leaving you, BG, with your anachronistic, sexist, head in the sand, overly wealthy Princeton snob views and I'm taking my whiney, dramatic, preaching liberal views and going back to skiing.

This guy sure seems to know an awful lot about every poster here. No stereotyping, right?

And please point out ONE "sexist" thing I've said in this entire thread. The only thing I've called out here is your naively blind acceptance of an intentional political lie.

bdfreetuna

I would just beg all of you to watch what you say

You better watch what you do to me
Don't get carried away
Girl, if you can do better than me
Go, yea go, but remember

Good love is hard to find
You got lucky, babe
You got lucky, babe
When I found you

You put a hand on my cheek
And then you turned your eyes away
If you don't feel complete
If I don't take you all of the way then
Go, yea go, but remember

You got lucky, babe
You got lucky, babe
When I found you

Yea go, just go, but remember
You got lucky, babe
You got lucky, babe
When I found you

deadheadskier

Staff member
Women are generally uninterested by message boards unless you are discussing weddings, babies, decorating, party planning or preferably all of the above.

Do you now see why you are a sexist pig and how wrong you are?

Women wish to discuss none of those things and this thread is the proof.

What do women want to discuss??

Gender Equality!!

;)

rocks860

You better watch what you do to me
Don't get carried away
Girl, if you can do better than me
Go, yea go, but remember

You got lucky, babe
You got lucky, babe
When I found you

You put a hand on my cheek
And then you turned your eyes away
If you don't feel complete
If I don't take you all of the way then
Go, yea go, but remember

You got lucky, babe
You got lucky, babe
When I found you

Yea go, just go, but remember
You got lucky, babe
You got lucky, babe
When I found you

Frankly I find the the use of the word babe to be highly sexist and derogatory and I demand you cease and desist immediately

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
No, see, that's just it - this isn't a topic with a "debate" anymore than you'd "debate" gravity isn't real.

There is no "80% of men's pay" gap, regardless of how many times you're been lied to and swallowed it down with sugar.

You do this ALL THE TIME dude.

Just because you believe one study over another study, doesn't mean your study is anymore "FACT" than an opposing view.

I know it's near impossible for you to believe, but your Conservative heroes don't have a monopoly on the truth.

On this particular issue, I haven't read either study, so don't take this comment as me siding with the liberal side.

My only take on the matter is that I hope companies do their best to operate with equal treatment as a core value. I know most of the companies I've worked for have. I can only recall one where the difference in pay was glaring. In one pay discrepancy situation I had a female supervisor working for me who had been with the company for 15 years and she was getting paid less than a newly hired male supervisor to work in the same function. I personally tried to get her pay raised to at least the same level as the newly hired male. Realistically, she should have been paid more due to tenure and having equal if not superior skills. I was told no, that the new hire received the higher compensation as part of the recruitment process; it was a cost of doing business. I get that, but the new hire had no more talent or experience than his co-worker and it's not that hard to recruit a $14 hour supervisor in the hospitality business. That experience definitely rubbed me the wrong way. I ended up leaving because of it and other nefarious behaviors by my director. Not before I took the jerk down on my way out the door though.

BenedictGomez

You do this ALL THE TIME dude. Just because you believe one study over another study, doesn't mean your study is anymore "FACT" than an opposing view. On this particular issue, I haven't read either study, so don't take this comment as me siding with the liberal side.

No, I don't, "dude" - and this shouldn't even be a political issue, it's (very) commonly accepted economic fact. It has nothing to do with conservatism or liberalism or any other preferred "ism", it's math & economics.

In 2015, you need to "study" this about as much as you need to study the temperature at which h2o freezes.

And it genuinely, genuinely, saddens me, that many Americans know so little about finance & economics that they actually believe (this amazes me) that women commonly make 77¢ on the $1 that men make for the same job. It's mind-boggling.

Warp Daddy

Just back from a great afternoon of skiing , a mini tune up. Forthis weekends venture to Whiteface . Mountain was sunny 15 degrees , really great snow ".....SURE GLAD I SKIED AND DITCHED THIS SHIT STORM :beer: