Wildcat 2-22-2015

AlpineZone

Wildcat 2-22-2015

Surprise, surprise the skiing was great at Wildcat today. It stayed cloudy all day until the very end when George finally made an appearance. I'll try and get those photos up off my new camera if the wireless starts to cooperate. Otherwise it will have to wait until tomorrow when I buy a camera USB cable.

The crowds were almost unbearable today

Terrain pics

Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, how come there's so much space in between the trees? Every place I go ends up being a lot tighter than I was hoping! It seemed to me that Wildcat was going to be in the sweet spot and everyone would rush to get there. Hmm, maybe it's President's week burnout. How was the snow consistency? Was it getting heavy later in the day?
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

What is the trail with the cliff bands? That pic, and the other that looks like it might be an off-map waterfall, have me itching to get up there!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Bill, snow never got heavy. Perfect packed powder and some areas of untracked if you knew where to look. It didn't get above maybe 28 at the base all day. Stayed in the clouds until the very end.

Sammy, the only pictures from an actual trail are these two and they are of Hairball. Looking up and looking down from the same spot. Most filled in I may have ever seen it.

Thread Information