• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East 2/21/15

medfordmike

Today I hit Berkshire East with two friends. One low intermediate who was a first timer there and another who is a former ski racer who had been off skis for a long time but who had skied there a lot when he raced. It was near zero at the start but by the end of the day it had gotten into the 20s and had started to snow.

Overall great day despite the cold start. Groomers were great with only a rare ice patch or two. Natural trails and glades had good coverage and could be skied but the snow tonight will be a welcomed refresh. Neither of my friends were looking to do a lot of natural trails so I only hit a few so I can't speak for all of them though.

The new carpet load lift is an improvement over the old triple it replaced. More comfortable and faster. Lift lines were never more than a few minutes. Mountain did not feel crowded at all which the beginner liked and the former racer loved. Lunch and drinks in the Crazy Horse mid day was a nice option. Service was running a lot better since the last time I was there. I have only been skiing Berkshire the past few years and it is hard to believe the amount of money they have pumped into the mountain. It is not a mega resort but if offers more than a lot of places of similar size.