• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre, Friday 2/ 27/14

legalskier

Yes, I also go to Belleayre and the snow there has been good (not as good as Platty) but the lack of sustained vertical at Belle gets boring really fast. Guess it's personal preference.

It's a shame you didn't ski the trees at Belle like you did at Hunter- imho, that's the best part. They've been awesome.
I keep hearing that Belle will be absorbing Highmount in the next few years, which would provide some longer steeps. I hope those rumors are true.

JimG.

Staff member
It's a shame you didn't ski the trees at Belle like you did at Hunter- imho, that's the best part. They've been awesome.
I keep hearing that Belle will be absorbing Highmount in the next few years, which would provide some longer steeps. I hope those rumors are true.

I went to Belle based on your report when they opened the new (old) on map glade; I'm quite familiar with all the trees there and spent that whole day in the woods. It was a fine day of skiing. Snow was great. Woods were fun.

But short in length for the most part.

Funky_Catskills

Yep..it's all about preference. And it's amazing how a bunch of people can be at the same place at the same time and come away with different viewpoints. ;)

I trust JimG... You should too... Can ski any place any style.. blah blah...

No offense to anyone else...

Rowsdower

They've been saying that for years now though. Not sure if anything will ever come of it. Last I heard it was tied up with some environmental concern or something.

JimG.

Staff member
It would really add to the area; it would be great if they could manage any snowmaking plans to keep Highmount mostly like it is now albeit cleaned up a bit.

ScottySkis

It would really add to the area; it would be great if they could manage any snowmaking plans to keep Highmount mostly like it is now albeit cleaned up a bit.

+1 and I might make a left turn more on route 28 to visit Bell if that actually happens.