• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe 3/1/15

4aprice

After a fun day at Burke with the boy, my wife and I drove up to Stowe on Sunday. Had been a long time since either of us had been there and never before together. Without the boy it was basically a day of groomers but Stowe has plenty of those and my legs were letting me know about the previous day too so all was good. Basically we worked the mountain from left to right. Started in the Mountain Triple area hitting North Slope and T-Line over to Hayride off Lookout Chair. Nose Dive skied great and was probably the wife's "run of the day" off Four Runner. Skied over to the gondola where we hit our one disappointment in Perry Merrill. Thought the wife would love that one but it was either skied or blown off and not in great shape. A little strange as Gondolier right next door skied much better. As we were alone we ate at the Cliff House on top of the gondola, which was nice (good food) but not cheap. Continued our tour after lunch and took the Over Look Gondola over to Spruce for a couple of runs, Upper Main Street being the best. Got one short tree run after the wife stopped for the day called Christie's Glade down to Lower Gulch Glades. Some Pics:

DSCF4500_1_.jpg

DSCF4506_1_.jpg

DSCF4507_1_.jpg

DSCF4513_1_.jpg

DSCF4517_1_.jpg

DSCF4537_1_.jpg

DSCF4540_1_.jpg

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

Nice one Alex. I'll be there this upcoming weekend. Surprised to hear about PM. It skis best in the morning. Pretty much all packed powder, right?

Everything was in great shape except Perry Merrill and maybe the bottom of Sterling over on Spruce. Another couple skiing the trail commented on the conditions too so it wasn't just us. Did not see any fresh, if that's what you mean but did not really go exploring either.(example; did not do Chin Clip which I love) Several woods shots looked tasty and people were hiking above Cliff House. The whole mountain is in play so enjoy Bill.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ