• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Douchebag litterbugs

C-Rex

While at Berkshire East yesterday I saw something that pissed me off. On the way up the new quad, some douchebag on the chair in front of us dropped an empty bottle of Fireball whiskey off the lift. At first I thought it might have been an accident but after a couple runs I noticed they never went and picked it up, so I did. Would it really have been that hard to pocket it and throw it in a trash can? Why do people have to go to a beautiful place and do dickhead things like that? One had a military Gore-Tex jacket. That one of my brothers in arms would make us look bad like that bothered me even more.

These are the kind of guys that almost go $15 Thursday nights shut down. If, by some chance, those guys are reading this, stop being a thoughtless douchenozzles. Next time, I'll pick it up and bust it over your empty head. [/rant]

dlague

That is the one disturbing thing about spring skiing as it exposes how much trash is dropped from the lift - beer cans everywhere! The ones who throw trash from a lift are trash themselves!

drjeff

That is the one disturbing thing about spring skiing as it exposes how much trash is dropped from the lift - beer cans everywhere! The ones who throw trash from a lift are trash themselves (and likely are quite sure the world revolves around themself) [/color=red] !

fixed it for 'ya :smash:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I like the approach of Shawnee Peak in Maine. They've got a barrel under the chair that looks like a target. People shoot hoops with their empties into it. A lot miss, but it does seem to confine the litter to one spot.

mbedle

Pisses me off when I see that happen on a lift. Another thing that pisses me off and how dirty people are in the lodges. I just spent a month up at Stowe and the amount of trash people leave on the tables after getting dressed in the morning is beyond belief.

BenedictGomez

Some people are major a-holes. Littering is worse at the Pocono resorts than anywhere else I've seen, which I speculate is due to the higher concentration of city folk. Pisses me off.

Smellytele

Pisses me off when I see that happen on a lift. Another thing that pisses me off and how dirty people are in the lodges. I just spent a month up at Stowe and the amount of trash people leave on the tables after getting dressed in the morning is beyond belief.

If I was paying 110 a day to ski I would expect someone to pick up after me. All joking aside I hate this to. I try to drill it in to my kids head to not leave the hand warmer packaging all over the table or their paper peel off from their tickets.

mbedle

If I was paying 110 a day to ski I would expect someone to pick up after me. All joking aside I hate this to. I try to drill it in to my kids head to not leave the hand warmer packaging all over the table or their paper peel off from their tickets.

LOL - true about them doing the cleanup!!! But, I haven't paid that much for a ticket at Stowe. Another thing that is pretty bad is the people that put their bags and boots on top of the tables then 4 hours later, people are eating off of that same table.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
We skied until closing bell at Bromley on Sunday. When I came back in the lodge, the place looked like Pigpen had just gone through. Dozens and dozens of bottles, wrappers, food all over the tables and the floors. Gotta love the "me first" attitude.

Smellytele

LOL - true about them doing the cleanup!!! But, I haven't paid that much for a ticket at Stowe. Another thing that is pretty bad is the people that put their bags and boots on top of the tables then 4 hours later, people are eating off of that same table.

My kids noted how disgusting the table was we sat at at Jay Tram side. One dropped a chip on the table and immediately refused to eat it. It was pretty gross.

Smellytele

We skied until closing bell at Bromley on Sunday. When I came back in the lodge, the place looked like Pigpen had just gone through. Dozens and dozens of bottles, wrappers, food all over the tables and the floors. Gotta love the "me first" attitude.

To go along with this "me" attitude. At the end of the day my kids grabbed an empty round table with about 8 chairs around it. I noticed a bag under the table by one of the chairs that I happen to sit at to remove my boots. I guy came and stood behind and my kids said he had an angry perplexed look on his face and was mouthing "why is this guy sitting here". I sensed him behind me then he reached in and roughly grabbed his bag. There were 5 or so empty seats but he choose the seat next to me and swung it a round right up against the back of mine. I was then saying to my kids that no one owns the tables even when they store their stuff at a table. I heard him huffing and puffing behind me.

JimG.

Staff member
To go along with this "me" attitude. At the end of the day my kids grabbed an empty round table with about 8 chairs around it. I noticed a bag under the table by one of the chairs that I happen to sit at to remove my boots. I guy came and stood behind and my kids said he had an angry perplexed look on his face and was mouthing "why is this guy sitting here". I sensed him behind me then he reached in and roughly grabbed his bag. There were 5 or so empty seats but he choose the seat next to me and swung it a round right up against the back of mine. I was then saying to my kids that no one owns the tables even when they store their stuff at a table. I heard him huffing and puffing behind me.

I take great pleasure in sitting at these tables with people's bags under them when I eat or change out of my boots. Invariably someone comes along and gets angry because someone is sitting at "their" table. These folks need to dig up some change and get a locker.

C-Rex

I've been to place where a parent was sitting at a table while their family was skiing. My friend and I would sit down and they'd say the table was taken. I'd ask if their family was getting food or something and they'd say they're out skiing. Then I'd have to explain that they can't claim the table for the whole day. Amazing how discourteous people can be.

Scruffy

While I hate people littering anywhere, let alone in the mountains - anywhere in the mountains, not just a ski resorts-, I always think of it this way, the karma they sow will be their own, the mountain will exact revenge - snow snakes are everywhere :)

Edd

At SR, a few years ago, I unloaded from the Barker chair and pointed it towards Ecstacy. A teenage snowboarder about 40 feet ahead casually tossed an empty bottle to the side. I was stunned. I can't remember if I picked it up but I fantasized about grabbing it, chasing him down, and giving it to him saying "I think you dropped this." That behavior is completely unacceptable.

Bandit2941

There's often Bud Light cans under the lifts at Belleayre. I speculate that it's the same person. It's only on certain days and the amount grows as the day goes on. One of these days I hope I'm on a chair behind them when they do it. We'll have a talk for sure.