• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 3-2-15

sankaty

Great day at Mount Snow today. It may have been the best day so far of an amazing season.

They reported 9" in the past day or so, and it just skied so soft all day long. I was finding untracked lines all over the North Face and in the woods even up to 4PM. The North Face seemed to be highly wind loaded, so even the gnarliest troughs were filled with powder. Just heavenly.

I randomly ran into the gentleman who films "Mount Snow Minute" in the morning at became the subject of today's video, which was super fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRMkuSqOwu4

sankaty

Sweet. Skiing looked great.

It was as good as it looked! Love the avatar. My first day of skiing ever was at Brodie. I'm pretty sure it was raining, but I was instantly hooked. I was just on the bunny slope, and I remember looking up at the rest of the mountain, which seemed impossibly huge, and wondering why anyone needed any more than just that little learning slope.

Skied a bunch at Brodie, Butternut, and Jiminy as a kid. I haven't been to a Berkshire mountain in decades (Mount Snow is almost as close to central CT), but I have such fond memories.