• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WTF: I think these guys traveled here from the 80's!?

wa-loaf

I like how they ask for feedback on why you don't want to buy them ....

BenedictGomez

That looks awkward as hell, I would not like that.

I do, however, wish SkiTote made a reboot for 80mm and up skis. I liked it, dont care about the naysayers.

VTKilarney

Where is the ad filmed?

They should rename the product: DignityTaker

skiNEwhere

I do, however, wish SkiTote made a reboot for 80mm and up skis.

+1

They should rename it "Gaper Beacon"

I'd think using it would interfere with your skiing if you were carving.

If you really don't want to carry your skis, you could just get a ski loop that you wrap around your skis and put on your back. That you don't even need to use your hands.

Picture%208.jpg

Picture%207.jpg

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Have an old Warren miller film where a guy shoves his ski's in a pair of unbuckled boots and does the same thing.
Hate to Poop on someone's dreams but agree with dlague

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Jury is out until I see some user reviews. Having said that, the last thing I need is one more piece of gear to lose or leave behind. Second, if you're not able to carry your skis, maybe you should rethink your ability to ski or board. (oh yeah, not for boarders) I find the Transpack to be a far better assist and it serves a dual purpose of stowing my gear. The only thing I'd do differently is attach my pole to my transpack. I honestly don't need two free hands when I'm schlepping to the ticket line. What do you do with your skis when you get to the outdoor ticket window? take them off, put them back on? How well will they work going up those hills or stairs to get to the lodge? Don't know, I'm overthinking this right now. I'll wait until someone uses them.

Just use the dropoff lane. It's free and you can't lose it. :)

wa-loaf

No, Ski Totes were the worst idea ever :)

Ski totes carried your skis and poles in one hand. This thing requires two hands (like walking on stilts for those afraid of heights!) and you still have to do something with your poles. Ski Totes kicks this things ass.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ski totes carried your skis and poles in one hand. This thing requires two hands (like walking on stilts for those afraid of heights!) and you still have to do something with your poles. Ski Totes kicks this things ass.
I agree from a utility perspective. However, from a usage perspective, they were always jamming breaking and otherwise consuming a good deal of time opening and closing. Not all were Ski Tote certified users. :)

VTKilarney

got this for daughter. works well and cheap ($10 ish)

20400965_1.jpg
I got these for my two children. I'm very pleased with it, and it's about half the price of similar products. I even got it at a 20% discount. The only gripe I have with it is that it's a little bulky to fit in a coat pocket when you aren't using it.