• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dispicable people

deadheadskier

Staff member
I want to be clear I'm not condoning this behavior, but if someone does something stupid you should call them out on it.

Making an insult just to make yourself feel better is 12 year old behavior.

In the case of something like this where someone died; you call out the behavior, not the individual. There's a difference.

farlep99

Can I call out the OP for spelling despicable wrong? Please fix, it's hurting my eyes.

AdironRider

In the case of something like this where someone died; you call out the behavior, not the individual. There's a difference.

The problem is sallies like C Rex, and I suspect you, think any challenge to the behavior is a challenge to the individual.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The problem is sallies like C Rex, and I suspect you, think any challenge to the behavior is a challenge to the individual.

I doubt C-Rex feels that way. I know I don't. I've got no problem saying the kids were acting stupid when they met their maker. I would not say, those kids are idiots and deserved to die for their decisions.

Respect.........

Not too hard. Well, it is for you often with your tough guy behind a keyboard mentality. Quite frankly it's you, who is the "sally" when you act that way. Trolls = Sallies.

drjeff

The bottom line is that while some people you can have a constructive, tactful conversation with over "stupid" decisions they made (or are contemplating making) whereas others are either so absorbed in themselves or so oblivious to reality that they need to be aggressively called out in an attempt to try and instill some sense into their fantasy reality

MadMadWorld

Is calling people idiots working? Nothing short of a full blown media circus will get people's attention, and that's not gonna happen.

My point is you can still get the point across without dancing on their grave.

Show of hands here, who HASN'T done something extremely dumb but gotten away with it? I'm sure the same applies to those leaving harsh comments, which makes them giant hypocrites.

Are we talking about in the past hour or just in general? :D

C-Rex

Another internet tough guy insulting people online. Look, I'm sorry you got picked on in highschool, but there's no reason to take it out on us. If you dipshits actually read my posts, you'd know I agreed with the challenge to the behavior. It's saying that the guy deserved it that is wrong.

I absolutely agree that what this kid did was foolish and irresponsible. Behavior like his will end up making it harder to access the back country. How many more incidents like this before resorts close gates, or start requiring avalanche safety certification and all sorts of credentials to use them. Maybe that would be a good thing, but I'm tired of the wilderness being a place I have to get permission to go.

Sorry about the misspelled title, I didn't see how I can change it. Can a mod or admin help me out?

Last edited:

Warp Daddy

That was someone's son , or brother or cousin etc . Let he who is without previous stupid behavior cast the first stone .
The kid paid the ultimate price for poor judgement , BUT there , but for the grace of ( fill in the blank ). I choose god , go any of us .

hammer

Not to excuse the kid's behavior but how many people posting here have ducked a rope? And please, don't tell me you somehow knew better than ski patrol...you decided to ski a closed area so you are taking a risk (maybe low but who knows:wink:).

Feel real bad for the kid's family. I know my own older kids take chances I'm not comfortable with and that I worry about, but I'm learning the hard lesson that letting them go and worrying is one of those unfortunate parental duties.

Last edited:

C-Rex

Not to excuse the kid's behavior but how many people posting here have ducked a rope? And please, don't tell me you somehow knew better than ski patrol...you decided to ski a closed area so you are taking a risk (maybe low but who knows).

Feel real bad for the kid's family. I know my own older kids take chances I'm not comfortable with and that I worry about, but I'm learning the hard lesson that letting them go and worrying is one of those unfortunate parental duties.

Good for you. So many parents simply cannot let go of the leash. You just have to hope you've taught them how to think for themselves well enough to make good choices. Of course they'll make mistakes, but that's how we learn. I'm not a parent, but I'd imagine I'd be much more proud of my kid making a good choice on his/her own than for just doing what I tell them.

hammer

Good for you. So many parents simply cannot let go of the leash. You just have to hope you've taught them how to think for themselves well enough to make good choices. Of course they'll make mistakes, but that's how we learn. I'm not a parent, but I'd imagine I'd be much more proud of my kid making a good choice on his/her own than for just doing what I tell them.
Thanks but I'm not quite there yet...knowing what should be done and doing it are two different things.