• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore midweek vs weekend

catsup948

I'm thinking of maxing out my Fox 44 card by doing a quick overnight to Gore. Lodging off hill is pretty cheap compared to Vermont. My question is do they close lifts, or limit terrain midweek later in the season?

Warp Daddy

With their lift capacity and 4 mtns and 9 lift venues it CAN handle weekends and holidays easily .TheONLY lift lines i have seen were during holidyas only on the GONDI . Once off the gondi , the crowd disperses to the other venues and its pretty much ski on to any other lift .

BenedictGomez

I skied Gore today, and it was SLAMMED. One of the busiest days I've been there, and I don't think I waited in more than a 4 minute line. The fact it's a true Pod mountain (MMW take note) really alleviates lift lines.

jaytrem

I prefer it on the weekends since all the pods are open. Not sure about this year but in past seasons they even had Burnt Ridge closed midweek in the height of the season. I think they might have gotten better about that one though.

Any body know if yo can redeem the Fox 44 ticket at the Snowbowl lodge, or do you need to go to guest services?

catsup948

Thanks for the info. Hotels seem to be the same price week days as weekends. I'll likely go either 3/21 or wait until 3/28 or 29. Lots of events going on at the local hill I don't want to miss either.

JimG.

Staff member
Yesterday at Gore was crowded, even in the woods. Lift lines pretty short. Burnt Ridge was the best option but that got cut to shreds by the end of the day. Good skiing overall.

Today we ventured to North Creek ski bowl and glades there were a lot of fun, especially Ski Bowl glade. Cool place, slow lift.