• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown 3.8.15

gmcunni

Date - 3.8.15
Resort - Ski Sundown
Weather - spring

left the house sunny and warm (relatively speaking). drive up Rt 8 it started raining. went in the lodge and came out to light snow shower. took a couple runs and needed to go back for an extra layer. sun popped in and out rest of afternoon.

snow was good, very good. a little on the granular side but coverage is great, i hope they can run until April.

Crowds were out. lots of cars, lots of people. lines not terrible but definitely the most crowded i've seen the place in a long time. Lots of rental gear too, hopefully that means good $$ for Sundown.

top of Stairway was tough(for me), be interesting to see how the run the bump comp later this month.

free nastar on this afternoon seemed to draw a decent crowd.

looking up the stairway
IMG_2556.jpg

post ski stop at the snow bar
IMG_2557.jpg

Savemeasammy

A Sundown report - finally! I've been wondering where all the Sundown fanboys have been this year... Have they all been doing busy on the Stairway to check in on AZ?! What was tough about the top of the run?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
it was fun yesterday. it was a good weekend indeed as far as work goes. looking forward to a few more just like it.

im figuring out mogul jumps for the contest this week. i'll be skiing each afternoon. track me down