• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Easter Weekend Bretton Woods Conditions ?

snowshoeman

Good Afternoon All:
We are looking for one last weekend blast over the long Easter weekend. Any thoughts or predictions on what conditions may be like at Bretton Woods ? Thank you.

VTKilarney

I'm going the weekend after that. I scored a $125 rate at the Mt. Washington Hotel so I couldn't resist.

Bretton Woods does a very good job of putting down enough of a base to stay open well into April, and I think that if you are okay with spring conditions you will not be disappointed.

Last edited:

VTKilarney

For what it's worth, the fine print of the hotel rate promotion suggests that they are going to be skiing through the weekend of 4/17/-4/18.

Smellytele

I got a 130 rate for the last weekend of March at the Mt Washington. I have never been and the wife and I are looking forward to it. Hoping for good conditions. Going to hit Attitash that weekend as well. I haven't really skied a full day there in almost 20 years.

VTKilarney

I got a 130 rate for the last weekend of March at the Mt Washington. I have never been and the wife and I are looking forward to it. Hoping for good conditions. Going to hit Attitash that weekend as well. I haven't really skied a full day there in almost 20 years.
The Mt. Washington Hotel is one of the few places that lives up to the hype. You'll have a great time.

xwhaler

Best I'm seeing for a Sat night stay from late March through wknd of the 18th/19th is $206 before taxes.
You guys get those deals recently?

VTKilarney

My deal is for season pass holders.

Anyone know of any deals on lift tickets for spring skiing at Bretton Woods? Not every member of my family has a season pass.

Edd

Best I'm seeing for a Sat night stay from late March through wknd of the 18th/19th is $206 before taxes.

Honestly, the place is worth it. I was going to start a thread recently about my attempts to secure decent lodging in S VT in terms of price vs quality. I don't mind paying big bucks if it's nice. On the whole, lodging in that area is the pits. $200 for the Mt Washington is pretty easy for me to swallow, by comparison.

VTKilarney

XWhaler, seeing that you live in southeastern NH, I've always felt that the Wentworth By The Sea is overrated but that the Mt. Washington Hotel is not overrated.

Puck it

I see nothing that cheap for the grand daddy hotel. I see alot more than that, weekdays are $100 per person.

xwhaler

Honestly, the place is worth it. I was going to start a thread recently about my attempts to secure decent lodging in S VT in terms of price vs quality. I don't mind paying big bucks if it's nice. On the whole, lodging in that area is the pits. $200 for the Mt Washington is pretty easy for me to swallow, by comparison.
I've been to a wedding there before and have eaten at the restaurants but haven't ever stayed on site. I agree the facility is gorgeous. IMHO much nicer than both the Mtnview Grand and Wentworth as far as luxury historic NH hotels go.

Was actually thinking of possibly going up Sunday night 4/19 and doing the closing day $17.76 Patriots day skiing which includes an early season voucher for next yr.

JDMRoma

I've stayed a few times .... Very nice !
Pricy but worth it. Having drinks in the cave and or out by the fireplace is priceless !! Outdoor heated pool doesn't suck either. It's a must do at least once in your life !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone