• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MAX Pass

xlr8r

https://www.themaxpass.com/

Could be a game changer pass option next year. 5 days at each Intrawest, Powdr, and Boyne mountain including

Sunday River
Killington
Sugarloaf
Loon
Stratton
Tremblant
Pico

In the East, not to mention their mountains out west

Good variety and no Blackouts

thetrailboss

Staff member
Very interesting. A definite response to the EPIC pass. And for east coasters, this is essentially a return to the ASC pass days with Killington, SR, Pico, and Sugarloaf on one pass.

dlague

That is a very nice combo for the east. However, Not sure I would be able to make 5 days at Sugarloaf unless I took a week off. Pico, Killington, Sunday River, Stratton and Loon are all day trips for me.

Would no longer need the Ski 3 or Ski 5 Pass, IMO. Alpine Zone Summit room without lift tickets?

xwhaler

I like the concept of these multi mtn passes....I'm interested to see if there are any changes to the Freedom pass for next season.
If I knew I was going out West this pass would be a consideration but none of the mtns are closer than 2 hrs for me each way which is a bit tough for a pass IMHO.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Game changer for the East. With Stratton and Loon being a daytrip option for the NYC and Boston crowd, and with SR, SL, Killington, and Pico being easy weekend trips, I think this will bring A LOT of city people into the north on weekends... if everything is advertised right.

Not as good for the west. The only destination mountains that are close together are Steamboat and Winter Park. Are those mountains in the Pacific Northwest close together?

machski

Great for those who buy New England Passes to SR/SL/Loon too. Its only $249 to add the Max onto any Gold or Silver New England Pass ($999 and $685 respectively right now). The only bummer is that the Max add on replaces the New England Passes former other Boyne resorts benefits this season. Gold New England use to net 10 free days at each western Boyne resort (better for a ski week). While the former was tied to lodging where Boyne had on mountain, the Max add on is not (good) but only 5 days at say Big Sky is not as good. Still, couldn't beat the price, especially if you burn all the days at Pico, Killington and Stratton then head out west too.

skiMEbike

Great for those who buy New England Passes to SR/SL/Loon too. Its only $249 to add the Max onto any Gold or Silver New England Pass ($999 and $685 respectively right now). The only bummer is that the Max add on replaces the New England Passes former other Boyne resorts benefits this season. Gold New England use to net 10 free days at each western Boyne resort (better for a ski week). While the former was tied to lodging where Boyne had on mountain, the Max add on is not (good) but only 5 days at say Big Sky is not as good. Still, couldn't beat the price, especially if you burn all the days at Pico, Killington and Stratton then head out west too.

I posted this in the 15/16 thread...I typically buy a gold New England pass, but i am seriously considering dropping to a Silver with the Max add on which would be $64 cheaper than buying a gold pass & I would have more than enough days to ski other mountains to cover the 13 black out days.

boston_e

Interesting concept for those who have flexibility in where they go, although I don't think it would work for us.

one comment is that it is too bad it isn't 6 days each... 5 days = 2.5 weekends so if you are a weekender you would either have to skip a day, or purchase an additional lift ticket.

elks

Great move (finally.) Too bad only one mountain within a 2-hour radius from Boston. It would be a true no-brainer otherwise. I'm shocked that there are no blackout dates. I recall the old ASC pass had 2 (3?) options from no-blackouts to a more restrictive pass. I think the one I used to get was about $350 and had 10+ blackout dates around the holidays. The unrestricted pass was significantly more expensive. That was 10 years ago maybe. So this pricing is pretty aggressive.

VTKilarney

The pass seems to be better suited to the Boston market than the New York market.