• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is you lift ticket strategy?

How do you manage cost to ski or snowboard?

• Costs are irrelevant

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Deal Hunter

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • Season Pass Holder

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Season Pass Holder / Deal Hunter

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Season Pass Holder / Not concerned about costs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Work at resort or industry related business

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Volunteer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Smellytele

A group of friends and I rent a house near Newport, VT (about 10 minutes from Jay) from January through April and get season passes. When we split it between the guys it ends up being a little under $100/month/person for the house and this is the 3rd year we've done it.. we go up most weekends and usually ski Sat & Sun so we definitely get our moneys worth. It can be a haul up to Northern VT on Friday nights, normally a 4 hour trek but can be longer depending on traffic/weather, its definitely worth it for the awesome skiing up there though.
Before kids I did this In Jackson, NH but in the early to mid 90's. It was only a 2 hour drive on Fridays. There were 7 or 8 regulars than 4 or 5 others that only cam up once or twice a month. it was 325 per person Nov15-April 15

xlr8r

Used to have Wawa bronze pass for night skiing, and looked for deals for day trips and weekends up north. This year I have a under 30 age Stratton Pass, but still have got 8 days so far at other places all on deals. Next year looking at getting the M.A.X. pass which would take care of almost all my skiing foreseeable next season.

prsboogie

I have the weekender at wawa for the kids DEV team and bought a bunch of early season deals at a few places. The kids are already nixing the program for next year so I'm thinking we will do a Crotched pass with the free Vertical Value cards to Attitash/Wildcat and whatever the name of the discount program at Mt Snow is. 50% off window midweek, 25% weekends/holidays, not great but Snow and Crotched are easier day trips for us. I have a timeshare in Bartlett in February for the midweek at Attitash and Wildcat. We will see if they still do not want to return to WaWa next year

Abominable

I think with the right mountain I wouldn't get bored. I need a lot of glades or technical trails to keep me entertained. Some good side country would really help too. Places like Sugarbush, Jay, and Stowe would work for me, but they are way too far from me to buy a pass.

Cheap lodging would really help. If I could stay somewhere for next to nothing, I'd have no problem buy a pass to a northern tier mountain. I'd go up every Friday night and stay the weekend. Anyone got a place they want to rent me?

I'm surprised you're not a pass holder at BEast. Close to you, night skiing and the best sidecountry in MA.

catsup948

Season pass at Berkshire east, I've been teaching lessons there for many years. Nice to have a local hill where everyone knows me and my family. I also like to hunt for deals to other mountains as well. Right now I'm at 39 days at Beast, 11 other resort days and 2 days skiing the backcountry. My cost for resort skiing is about 22 bucks. Total cost with my free ticket to beast is about 3 bucks! 😀