• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 2015 AZ King of Spring for New England

thetrailboss

Staff member
We had the "closing date" thread, so it's only fair to have the King of Spring thread. Who will be the LAST ski area in New England to have lift served skiing/riding? Lift as in mechanical lift.

3...2...1...go!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

K (June 1), Loaf (May 17), Jay (May 10), Sugarbush/Wildcat/SR (May 3) are my predictions

VTKilarney

I'm going to predict a warm April, which is a foolish prediction since this year is similar to last year so far.

Sugarloaf - May 3
Jay Peak - May 10
Killington - May 24

dlague

Last 3 standing:

Killington - June 7,
Jay - May 17,
Loaf - May 10,

+1

Who closes last is no big deal for me outside of it being the last place i will ski this spring. IMO, those that remain open around mid May are all top dogs!

Brad J

I would love to see K do the June 1 Challenge as the did in the 80"s , a race in the bumps , hamburger , tee shirt , $10
Jay May 3
Sugarloaf May 3

Grizzly Adams

rode the lift at Sunday Riv. with a Patroller who said May 2nd was their goal. Prediction for Jay is May 17th, I'm in on a house up there for the season and unfortunately the lease is up at the end of April, probably wont be able to make it up for the last few weekends :sad:

Riverskier

K will be last. Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Jay will all make May. You would need a crystal ball to know how long the snow will actually last.