• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown mogul comp 3/21/15

wa-loaf

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1427037518.917925.jpg
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1427037537.609733.jpg
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1427037563.056467.jpg
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1427037582.163753.jpg

The winners!
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1427037598.604907.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

wa-loaf

Congrats to Brian for winning the consolation round. You know the competition is tough when Randy "The Hammer" Grasso comes in 3rd.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
we had a blast. was very impressed with the talent this year. conditions weren't easy and the Stairway certainly isnt a typical contest venue.

:beer:

bvibert

Staff member
how were the jumps?

The jumps weren't very big, but a lot of people seemed to be having trouble carrying enough speed to make the landing, and were landing flat (myself included). Otherwise it was a great event!

I was a little nervous after my first run down the course in the late morning (it was.. firm), but the sun came out and softened everything up enough to make it enjoyable. Somehow I managed to get seeded 2nd (of 8) in the consolation round (those who didn't make it into the top 16). 2 people dropped out, so I had a bye the first round of duals. I won my next two duals to take the consolation round, which was pretty cool.. even if both of the guys I went against crashed..

2knees

The one pic I have from Saturday.

Attachments

• moguls.jpg
    moguls.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 71

gmcunni

The jumps weren't very big, but a lot of people seemed to be having trouble carrying enough speed to make the landing, and were landing flat (myself included). Otherwise it was a great event!

I was a little nervous after my first run down the course in the late morning (it was.. firm), but the sun came out and softened everything up enough to make it enjoyable. Somehow I managed to get seeded 2nd (of 8) in the consolation round (those who didn't make it into the top 16). 2 people dropped out, so I had a bye the first round of duals. I won my next two duals to take the consolation round, which was pretty cool.. even if both of the guys I went against crashed..

what did you win?

2knees

I wish I had thought to take more pics. All I got was one pic from the lift on the way up to make my first practice run...

go back and look at some of threads from previous years. 20 videos and hundreds of pics...... :lol: