• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The scouring of Saddleback (Wed 3/25)

Root16

Mishka and I had a good time up at Saddleback yesterday. Compared to conditions at Jay the other day, though, the trails were mostly scoured clean by wind. What little untracked powder there was was very compact and heavy (dry, uncrusty, but heavy). Still, we had a good time in the trees. No bare spots to speak of. A little pine debris from the winds previous days, but nothing really disruptive. The weather yesterday was gorgeous, low 30s, clear blue skies and brilliant sunshine. I'll post some video soon.

EDIT: I removed my signature video; sorry about that.

Last edited:

bigbog

Does kinda look like Outer Bangor pitch/terrain..lol ..but looked like a nice day soooo..;-), but the groomer-style straightlining, then slash when in trouble, but hey it's nothing different than mainstream YouTube.
Whatever happenned to making those things bend...