• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mary Jane Winter Park 2/25 - 2/28

2knees

Went to Colorado last month with Greg and Steve-O. first day at Mary Jane good bumps to the skiers right of Challenger lift. I didn't pay attention to trail names much. Went up to the top of Parsenn Bowl and skied down mellow trees skiers right. A couple inches new on top of some scratch at times.

Woke up next day to 6" new. Got some untracked on a few trails then headed into the trees. Western trees are so much more fun. You can actually link turns at speed....Went over to the Eagle Wind area and found better trees yet. Mellow to steep off the lift from skiers right to left. Problem with the steep (left) shots was a crazy flat runout back to lift.

3" last day. Mine was a two hour day due to sore knee from hard bumps the first day. Great two hours though as we got to Eagle Wind before the masses and enjoyed the fresh on top of the cutup 6" from prior day.

Attachments

• mary jane 1.jpg
    mary jane 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 95
  • mary jane 4.jpg
    mary jane 4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 96
  • parsenn bowl.jpg
    parsenn bowl.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 97
  • eagle wind.jpg
    eagle wind.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 97
  • mary jane 3.jpg
    mary jane 3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 97

xlr8r

I am there right now, Trees are excellent, moguls also very nice and soft though they are really long and tiring. Warm spring skiing now in CO, though they did get 16" earlier in the week. Panoramic Lift area is my favorite, could ski off that lift all day, eagle wind also nice. I think I m too chicken to try the cirque though.

Cannonball

I am there right now, Trees are excellent, moguls also very nice and soft

That's all I need to hear! MJ is trees and bumps. If they are good, it is good.

I think I m too chicken to try the cirque though.

If you're getting some soft conditions go for it! Like any bowl in CO it's intimidating, but it's actually one of the best introductory cirques. Great place to start to build confidence for some of the bigger ones around CO and UT. You'll surprise yourself at how well you'll handle it.

skiNEwhere

Love the Jane. Glad you had a good time, you definitely lucked out with the snow, as the storms this year have been spread very far apart.