• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Question for Ski Sundowners

Shredder of Gnar

Wondering what time you guys think the stairway will be ripe tomorrow -- low of 23, 32 degrees by 11:00, high of 41 and sunny -- it looks to have a NNW exposure from what I can tell, so it definitely won't ripen early like trails with say an exposure like upper Crossover or lower K27 at Huntah, but from last week's event pics, it does look like some sun hits the trail. Is late morning a good bet or wait until early afternoon? Thanks...

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
the Stairway is actually pretty good on Skiers Left in the morning. There is considerable shaddows on that side of the trail which keep the snow nice and cold.

if you're looking for sun cooked turns, the skiers right gets good and edgable after lunch.

it's an exciting time at the mountain, and that trail in particular. The Stairway is a leg burner top to bottom, lines are cut in and deep. the sun is higher in the sky which softens the tops pretty sweet.

yesterdays flurries did just the trick to mix into the existing snow and we had a blast shredding around. I have a good feeling that today we'll hit some solid, good skiing. See you up there.

2knees

Wondering what time you guys think the stairway will be ripe tomorrow -- low of 23, 32 degrees by 11:00, high of 41 and sunny -- it looks to have a NNW exposure from what I can tell, so it definitely won't ripen early like trails with say an exposure like upper Crossover or lower K27 at Huntah, but from last week's event pics, it does look like some sun hits the trail. Is late morning a good bet or wait until early afternoon? Thanks...

we got there at 2 today and it was just starting to soften. It went off from 2:30 till I quit at 5. Do not rush out there if it's been a cold night but with sun it does soften and the lines are great. It really is pretty sick for CT plus the airs are still there from comp and unlike most pussy areas they don't close them.