• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tuckerman trip. Who's in?

octopus

i have a burton spliff and a fyve snowboards splitboard. i've only used the spliff so far, and yes you will never want to hike again. its great.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
〽❄❅;901166 said:
Are you thinking about joining them on the 25th? I need someone to split the driving.

I'm not going this year , I usually go with the Camelback patroller group , there doing the 18th.
Burned my weekend away at the Summit this year .bummed about not going especially after last years April 12th sun / temps and conditions.

I need to lighten up my AT gear anyway , Planning on going next year , I want to spend a few days up in the area , ski Wildcat and and Tucks on the best weather day , tough to hit weather just right if you're up for weekend only.

Cannonball

I may go Saturday with some friends (including some young kids). Or may go any of the next few weekends. Honestly I'm kinda burnt out on being the one who organizes trips. So I'm strictly along for the ride on any trips this year.

Keep this thread going! If AZers are going anytime in the next few months, we might as well connect and pool resources where possible.

yeggous

Some of us from my ski club are going up on the 18th. Afterwards we'll be attending a Spring Fling social / cookout at another club. Anyone is welcome to stay with us in North Conway and join us for the day.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

crank

How much hiking is actually involved and what kind of gear is required?

About 3 miles on a trail up to the base of the ravine in hiking boots with skis, ski boots and pack on your back. Then stash the pack, change into ski boots and you climb a steep boot backed trail like along steep stairs up the ravine...probably less than a half mile. I last did it 30 years ago and everyone shouldered their skis for the hike up the ravine. A good daypack designed to carry skis might be better. In short, your regular ski gear will do fine, all you need are hiking boots and a pack you can attach your skis to.

Oh, you don't have to hike back down, there is a very nice intermediate ski trail, The Sherburne Trail, that goes all the way down. However, if you wait until later in the season you will run out of snow before reaching the bottom.

Brad J

I am thinking about the 19th would like to get there before the little headwall is washed out.

C-Rex

i have a burton spliff and a fyve snowboards splitboard. i've only used the spliff so far, and yes you will never want to hike again. its great.

Split-boarders are absolutely welcome. I really want to buy a split but I've been spending too much on trips. Maybe over the summer I'll find a good deal. If I get one and you need a backcountry partner, I'm your guy.